car3.jpg

Grande Punto Another red T-Jet (:

Introduction

I thought i'd share my Grande with everyone as it seems to be the thing to do (y)

Anyway i've had the car around 2 months now and love every bit of it, one night I drove my friends (GotGrande) and I just had to get one, was a great upgrade! Cleaned the car over the weekend and thought it was time to get some pictures up.

Only thing changed is debadged boot but got a couple of things to buy when money becomes available :)
Let me know what you think :)
Reactions: maverick1508
I'm clearly not looking at ebay enough! Theres cheaper makes on there but dont think i'd trust anything other than Eibach's, the drop wouldn't be much but i'd enjoy the handling improvements haha (y)

Im buying the Eibachs off the guy from the classifieds, theyre off a 1.9mjet, but according to the guy at eibach there the same. I personally wouldnt pay more than £100 for anything less than 50mm drop.

Tom

Im buying the Eibachs off the guy from the classifieds, theyre off a 1.9mjet, but according to the guy at eibach there the same. I personally wouldnt pay more than £100 for anything less than 50mm drop.

Tom

Yeah the springs for the mjet and tjet are the same, I agree I'd never pay that much for such a little drop, if I spy some before I get a new car ill grab em. Would like to see them on your tjet as is know exactly how they'd look for me, the drop isn't as much as sporting springs are already 10mm lower than a non sporting I think, only a cm though! Haha how's keeping your car white going for you? ;)

Yeah the springs for the mjet and tjet are the same, I agree I'd never pay that much for such a little drop, if I spy some before I get a new car ill grab em. Would like to see them on your tjet as is know exactly how they'd look for me, the drop isn't as much as sporting springs are already 10mm lower than a non sporting I think, only a cm though! Haha how's keeping your car white going for you? ;)

I know what you mean, but parked against a standard 1.3M-Jet Grande GP with 16"s on it, you can tell the difference the 10mm makes! :p
And yeah, its all going well! Not loving the fuel economy but YOLO ;)
I think its gonna be after christmas when I get them fitted, unless I can sum up the courage to do them myself haha

Tom

I know what you mean, but parked against a standard 1.3M-Jet Grande GP with 16"s on it, you can tell the difference the 10mm makes! :p
And yeah, its all going well! Not loving the fuel economy but YOLO ;)
I think its gonna be after christmas when I get them fitted, unless I can sum up the courage to do them myself haha

Tom

Definitely! Iv'e always been a bit dubious about lowering as I already scrape my car on everything haha! Whats wrong with the fuel economy!? I'd say 30mpg on a good run with plenty of playing about is quite good, but I am used to putting £20 in it every other day! Worth it though (y) Cant be that much difference from your old GP?

I'd love to fit springs myself but there would be too many swear words and accidents! Would cost me more as I would have to buy axle stands, clamps and a jack lol roughly around £100 for fitting so not too bad :)

Definitely! Iv'e always been a bit dubious about lowering as I already scrape my car on everything haha! Whats wrong with the fuel economy!? I'd say 30mpg on a good run with plenty of playing about is quite good, but I am used to putting £20 in it every other day! Worth it though (y) Cant be that much difference from your old GP?

I'd love to fit springs myself but there would be too many swear words and accidents! Would cost me more as I would have to buy axle stands, clamps and a jack lol roughly around £100 for fitting so not too bad :)

On a good run including a bit of playing in my old car, I used to be able to get 46mpg! :p I put about £60 in a week and that does me to work and back along with driving about at the weekends :)
I just need to borrow someones spring compressors and torque wrench and It should be an easy job, but then ive got to get it all tracked at a garage!

Tom

I'm clearly not looking at ebay enough! Theres cheaper makes on there but dont think i'd trust anything other than Eibach's, the drop wouldn't be much but i'd enjoy the handling improvements haha (y)

Take a look every now and then, I see them come up every so often. Nah I wouldn't of got any thing other than Eibachs, because as you said there are some cheaper makes but you get what you pay for!

On a good run including a bit of playing in my old car, I used to be able to get 46mpg! :p I put about £60 in a week and that does me to work and back along with driving about at the weekends :)
I just need to borrow someones spring compressors and torque wrench and It should be an easy job, but then ive got to get it all tracked at a garage!

Tom

Bet the playing in the old car was no where near as fun though ;) I put £60 in mine a week and don't even use it for work, all of that goes on driving for fun! haha (y)

Thats the next bit that puts me off lowering, there's always something else your going to have to pay for like tracking but this is what modding cars is about, money money!

Take a look every now and then, I see them come up every so often. Nah I wouldn't of got any thing other than Eibachs, because as you said there are some cheaper makes but you get what you pay for!

I have a look every now and then, at this stage I think im going to hold onto my money as im hoping to come across an Abarth SS in the near future ;) If I see some springs for cheap I may have to invest to keep my busy till I find what im looking for :)

If you would want the standard Abarth springs, I have a set you can pick up if you wish? I am not to far away from you. Can have them for free if you collect?

Ah Tom that's a brilliant offer buddy but in 2 days time i'm really not going to need to mod anything for a little while ;) many thanks though! Finding it hard to keep this update quiet haha :D

Back