Technical Another broken spring

Currently reading:
Technical Another broken spring

penllyndyfi

Just failed my MOT: broken drivers side front spring on 1.3D estat. This will be my 5th front spring replacement. What makes it more difficult is that there are no replacements in dealer stock and, from what I can see, no after market equivalents other than lowering springs. Living in very rural mid Wales with poor roads I do not need a lowered suspension! Does anybody know of a source of Tipo springs. Maybe I'm unlucky or just careless with these springs?

Just failed my MOT: broken drivers side front spring on 1.3D estat. This will be my 5th front spring replacement. What makes it more difficult is that there are no replacements in dealer stock and, from what I can see, no after market equivalents other than lowering springs. Living in very rural mid Wales with poor roads I do not need a lowered suspension! Does anybody know of a source of Tipo springs. Maybe I'm unlucky or just careless with these springs?
Just a thought, when you manage to source front springs, check how good the front struts/shock absorbers are, I know the roads are poor, but that may be adding to it.
Over 40 years ago I had a beaten up old MGB I paid £90 for and used to laugh at how I could get out of the car , lock it up and it would still be bouncing the front end after parking in a field to watch a hill climb etc. I stopped being amused when it broke both front springs and I had to replace them and the two shock absorbers!;)

Thank you for that good tip. I have resorted to buying full shocker and spring assemblies from scrappiies. So I have now replaced the struts along with the springs on both sides at least once. Poor quality I suspect. But in fairness to the car everything else has been OK.

Ship 4 parts sell them allthough ordered from fiat so still a few days
Perhaps Worth getting. A pair of new ones in standby .

Back