General and so.... the long wait begins....

Currently reading:
General and so.... the long wait begins....

Finally!!! Got news my car should be ready to collect on Monday. The wait was long, 19 weeks to be exact and although my contact at the dealership has been really helpful throughout I was becoming a little frustrated at the ever extending expected delivery date. The good news though is the dealership is honouring the 15% VAT, so no additional costs there. Really looking forward to driving it now and playing with all the new gadgets.

The good news though is the dealership is honouring the 15% VAT, so no additional costs there.

Oh man! :mad:
Didn't know there was any discretion from them on that! So obviously I have to stump up the difference. Please let be a Hall of Shame on the forum that I can add my dealer's name on! :mad: On every single point so far he has been unhelpful or unwilling to be slightly helpful, and I don't even have the car yet! :bang:

Oh man! :mad:
Didn't know there was any discretion from them on that! So obviously I have to stump up the difference. Please let be a Hall of Shame on the forum that I can add my dealer's name on! :mad: On every single point so far he has been unhelpful or unwilling to be slightly helpful, and I don't even have the car yet! :bang:
Errr why should your dealer be added to a hall of shame? If you ordered in late October or November there was never any guarantee your car would be here when VAT was 15%

Errr why should your dealer be added to a hall of shame? If you ordered in late October or November there was never any guarantee your car would be here when VAT was 15%

I can't reveal details of things yet until I get my car but let's say that he has done all his best to avoid contacting me when I needed answers and at no point even tried to use his discretion for other details I can't say now.
When I see others who get this or that or both or get a good rapport with a salesman and get really helped I get envious, 'cause I have been ignored and patronized all along.

It is an accumulation of little things that separate a good salesman from a useless one. I could have bought my car at the click of a mouse and the result would have been the same for all I know.

It is quite my fault somehow, I am quite laid back and often say politely "not to worry" and "take your time" to everyone and everything and unfortunately some people take my literal word for it. That is why I said earlier that the Feel3 thingy is something I owe myself to pursue. Been too kind too many times and been screwed over as a result, good job there Mr Cucciolotto! :bang: :cry:

Why not just come out and say what's happened? Keeping it in only means you'll continue to be treated this way

It is quite my fault somehow, I am quite laid back and often say politely "not to worry" and "take your time" to everyone and everything and unfortunately some people take my literal word for it. That is why I said earlier that the Feel3 thingy is something I owe myself to pursue. Been too kind too many times and been screwed over as a result, good job there Mr Cucciolotto! :bang: :cry:

Like you, I have been pretty patient and also told my dealer I'm in no rush but I also made it clear to both the dealership and Fiat UK that I expect them to honour our original agreement when it came to the VAT. When the dealership started saying their hands were tied because of Fiat UK's policy of invoicing on the date of dellivery I contacted head office and asked them to explain their position. They too said their hands were tied because of government policy with regards to VAT. So having read the VAT rules, I was able to inform them the governments official policy on orders placed prior to 2010 was pretty flexible. They gave me a case number and to their credit I received a call a day later to tell me they would honour the contract. There was no heated exchange, no bickering and everything was done calmly and without fuss.

Good luck and I hope all works out well with you.

It's arrived!!

1.2 Pop. BNW, Side mouldings, side stripe, fixed glass roof and multi spoke alloys.

Just got home from the dealership. Arrived 13 weeks to the day. All my worrying about not arriving in time for scrappage window was for nothing! Off out for a drive now - will post some photos later.

Finally arrived and what a nice little fun car it is to drive. The ride is a little hard but the steering is quite responsive and handles reasonably well. So glad the long wait over and really pleased with my choice.:)

Back