Technical Alternator fitment

Currently reading:
Technical Alternator fitment

Huwbishop

Get your own damn title.
Hi all,
I have a 1242 8v engine from a punto automatic. I have aquired an alternator from a 2003 seicento, however the bracket seems to be different.
Does anyone have a bracket I can purchase from them? Which bracket fits this alternator? Is it the case that the punto and cinq-sei are different?.

Cheers, Huw

Just checked ePer, no joy they list the bracket but no stock. The alternator on there shows it has an external fan, mine is internal. Looks like a cut and shut job is on the cards. Bwger.

Cant remenber where I put my old one off the 899, wonder if I could just swap the pulley over.

The internals may be the same, however I dont have the punto one either.
Will put a wanted on classifieds see if someone has a buggered engine that they dont need the bracket.

From my experience:

The alternators that fit Cinq/SPI Seicento have external fan and have B+ stud/D+ spade connector.

MPI Seicento's have internal fan with B+ stud/D+ stud connections and has different casings. Also has a 4 rib 58mm pulley.

Last edited:
Sounds like its a mpi sei one then.
Ye todger it is the aluminium bracket with the four holes that bolts to the back of the block. If yours is off a 1242 also, could you measure the distance between the two mounting holes?. Cheers. Would hate to be in same boat again :), although it would give me a spare when I bwger up modifing it.

Back