Technical Alternative Injection Pump Ducato 2.8TDi 230l 122hp 90KW Year 2000 (Dec)

Currently reading:
Technical Alternative Injection Pump Ducato 2.8TDi 230l 122hp 90KW Year 2000 (Dec)

samflash69

Okay, I posted earlier about engine issues (https://www.fiatforum.com/posts/4705709/) and they sent off the pump to have it tested with Bosch official mechanics and they send back a proposal, stating the pump was seized, which it cant have been as the engine was running, just not getting enough power to it. With a quote to repair it for €1,300

I have been looking online and it appears that there are very few other options apart from

MEYER MOTORS 066309210 injection pump for FIAT DUCATO​

which I missed and is now not available.

Are there any other Injection Pumps that will fit my vehicle type or is the code (apart from 8140.43) so I can search for compatible High Pressure Injection Pumps.

Your advice is very welcome.

Samuel

Attachments

• 8140.43 Injection Pump.jpeg
    8140.43 Injection Pump.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 52
When we spoke before I may have mentioned this 2.8 Sofim Turbo engine has been used in many vehicles with the Bosch pump like yours including Iveco Daily,Renault Master, Citroen Relay and Peugeot Boxer as well as the Fiat Ducato.
I would suggest one from a year or so earlier than your without all the immobiliser sh*t, just a simple on/off solenoid.
I used an engine from a 1997/8 Fiat Ducato Maxi Van rated at 122Hp for a boat and the pump was almost identical to yours but without the more complicated immobiliser set up.
I am assuming yours is one of the last pre ECU versions.
It will still need timing correctly by a experienced engineer.
Also check the injector pipe unions at the pump are the same thread.

Back