Styling Alloy wheels!

Currently reading:
Styling Alloy wheels!

george2596

Hi everyone,

Needing some help with regards to alloys! I have a 57 Plate Fiat Panda which I've had for nearly a year. As I can't afford to change my car, I'm wanting to make a few modifications, like the alloy wheels, as I currently have steel ones, which look hideous.

I have found a set of 4 Fiat alloys but they are 14inch ones, where I as I have 13inch steel ones on my Panda at the moment. Does that mean that I can't fit these to my car due to size difference, even though I've seen other pandas around, same as mine, with the alloys that I'm looking at buying. As you can probably tell, I'm not very good with explanations haha! [emoji23]

I don't want to pay nearly £250 for alloys, and find that they won't fit haha!

Thanks!

When you say Fiat alloys, are they the Panda type? Or are they from another model? Punto alloys may fit, someone will know.

IMG_0934.JPG

This type of alloy wheel! :)

They look like the right ones for a Panda.
The circumference is almost identical to the 13" steel when fitted with standard sizes as the tyre for the alloy is lower profile.
Make sure you get a full set of centre caps - they are surprisingly hard to get and not cheap.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
They look like the right ones for a Panda.
The circumference is almost identical to the 13" steel when fitted with standard sizes as the tyre for the alloy is lower profile.
Make sure you get a full set of centre caps - they are surprisingly hard to get and not cheap.

Yeah haha, I've seen the prices of them on eBay [emoji32]

If they are off an Panda then your fine. Think tyre size is 175/65/14

Oh good, just wondered as the ones I have are 13" but the one in the picture is in fact a 14" one! Always good to check haha

If they are off an Panda then your fine. Think tyre size is 175/65/14

Oh good, just wondered as the ones I have are 13" but the one in the picture is in fact a 14" one! Always good to check haha

Easiest way is instead of searching for alloys, search for Fiat Panda Breaking on eBay then contact the ones closest to you that have alloys on them and ask for a price (usually cheaper than people who just list the alloys)

The wheels pictured are exactly right. 175 65 x14 tyres will work, as I had some but 165 65 x14 are the Fiat recommended ones. Insurance companies can get funny if they think they can wriggle out of paying claims.

The wheels pictured are exactly right. 175 65 x14 tyres will work, as I had some but 165 65 x14 are the Fiat recommended ones. Insurance companies can get funny if they think they can wriggle out of paying claims.

Really? I'll just say that they were on the car when I bought it, hence 'no modifications'

Insurance companies don't seem to mind original standard Fiat alloys anyway.
Some do, some don't...
Our 10-plate panda originally had steel wheels, but someone had upgraded it to standard Panda alloys.
My insurer didn't care at all (although I got them to make a note that I had told them, just in case) but my son's insurer listed it as a modification, and could not give an online quote. The insurance premium was higher than the online quote without declaring the alloys (but under £3 difference. Figure that one out!)
Either way, I figured it was better to be sure it wouldn't cause problems in the event of a claim.

Some do, some don't...
Our 10-plate panda originally had steel wheels, but someone had upgraded it to standard Panda alloys.
My insurer didn't care at all (although I got them to make a note that I had told them, just in case) but my son's insurer listed it as a modification, and could not give an online quote. The insurance premium was higher than the online quote without declaring the alloys (but under £3 difference. Figure that one out!)
Either way, I figured it was better to be sure it wouldn't cause problems in the event of a claim.

Yeah! Im with Churchill this morning and gave them a quick call regarding window tints, they said that as long as they are to manufactures standard - ie: legal haha, they don't mind but if i tint the front ones, they'll cancel my insurance - fair enough.

I think when it comes down to insurance, it's always best to let them know what's happening.

Also, another quick question. I've found some nice 500 alloys on eBay but hey are 15" ones, this won't fit on my panda, will they? [emoji53]

Yeah! Im with Churchill this morning and gave them a quick call regarding window tints, they said that as long as they are to manufactures standard - ie: legal haha, they don't mind but if i tint the front ones, they'll cancel my insurance - fair enough.

I think when it comes down to insurance, it's always best to let them know what's happening.

Also, another quick question. I've found some nice 500 alloys on eBay but hey are 15" ones, this won't fit on my panda, will they? [emoji53]

It's going to depend on the offset of the wheel (ET number) and then fitting the correct tyre size.

It's going to depend on the offset of the wheel (ET number) and then fitting the correct tyre size.

Hahahah, seems too complicated, just for a set of tyres. I'll just stick to the Panda ones I have my eye on

Hahahah, seems too complicated, just for a set of tyres. I'll just stick to the Panda ones I have my eye on

The more cars you own over the years and swap wheels, the more you get used to doing the maths on these sort of changes lol

Take my Fiat Idea for example, original wheels are 15" with 195/60 tyre's, but i'm going to fit Stilo 17" alloys with 205/45 tyres in order to keep the correct geometry due to the wheels different ET values.

Last edited:
Back