Technical Alloy Wheels for my Doblo

Currently reading:
Technical Alloy Wheels for my Doblo

I'm currently looking at getting 15's, as I can still get the Reinforced Extra Load tyres then to fit the rims whilst still gaining on style and width for extra grip.

Unless you can convince me that those 17" tyres will last longer than 15" tyres I'll be sticking to the 15's which I can get with locking nuts and tyres at the moment for £352.99. Here's an example.

Well then the 205/45's (Marshalls) are fine the 1.3 mulitjet dobbin holds the road very well. There is of course increased tyre noise... the one thing I have noticed is well, tyre drag... the dobbin isn't the fastest thing on the earth and lugging the extra rubber around does affect a "little" on the top end performance.... The orignal 204/40's went west (they were hard on the suspension you could feel every jar ) but the company who suppplied the faulty tyres have supplied a full set of 205/50's (yes these do fit) , they are in the garage stored waiting for the 205/45's to wear down... I Know I said that i thought 205/45's were the max but on consultation theres only 2.5-3% difference between the sizes ... but I think its dependant upon make of tyre and alloy and the combination of the two elements

I would recommmend going for 205/45's , but if your on good terms with your local tyre supplier/fitter then trying different variations won't take long

:peace:

The alloys are doing fine.... the only downside is you still have to be very careful when "kerb" parking.... , managed to get a few scrapes.... but the tyre wear seems very good ...:eek:

Glad they're still going well ;)

I've been practising for ages, and I haven't touched a kerb with my steelies for ages now so I'm confident I can keep they alloys in good condition (y)

That's a great colour for a Dobbie! If you got to drive one at least make it orange!

I agree :)

france_027_320x298.jpg

Last edited:
your doblo looks wicked with those alloys on, i think you have just pursuaded me to get some on mine thanks

The alloys are doing fine.... the only downside is you still have to be very careful when "kerb" parking.... , managed to get a few scrapes.... but the tyre wear seems very good ...:eek:

The front marshalls are now binned.......... had a full set of 205/45 17's , the fronts were wearing down quite fast a bulge appeared on the drivers side... so decided to change over to 205/50's using two of the set which I got free .. see prev posts

The rear 205/45s have now been moved to the front and the new 205/50s fitted to the rears... everything is ok except when going round corners "fast" the rears do slightly rub where is not known I suspect the rear shock bolt which is at the same height as the rim/tyre.....

So I've ordered 5mm full set of spacers... hopefully this will solve the problem? :rolleyes:

comments ?:confused:

The rear 205/45s have now been moved to the front and the new 205/50s fitted to the rears... everything is ok except when going round corners "fast" the rears do slightly rub where is not known I suspect the rear shock bolt which is at the same height as the rim/tyre.....

So I've ordered 5mm full set of spacers... hopefully this will solve the problem? :rolleyes:

comments ?:confused:

yes it will ,:)
i had the same problem with my 215/45/17 on the rear
i used 15mm spacers

yes it will ,:)
i had the same problem with my 215/45/17 on the rear
i used 15mm spacers

Yeap the 5mm spacers worked a treat does not put the tyre outside the arch and heavy cornering no rub... happy man... :devil:

I've also put spacers on the front to "help" on matching up ........

the downside is I have 205/45 17's on the front (until they wear out) and 205/50 17's on the rears

now looks a bit like a car out of the wacky races :p ..

09_ani.gif

so a long wait until the fronts wear out so they can be replaced with exactly the same as the rears.... unless someone wants two 205/45 17's for £40.00 they still have about 7mm on them..

Last edited:
well then an alloy wheel update... one front one has distorted... prob.. going up a kerb if i remember right... can't be bothered to have it repaired (no confidence any more ), its only minor (but caused slow puncture).... so may be up for sale on ebay soon.. I am looking around for some new 15 inch ones which will be fitted with 195/60,s ....:yum:

well then an alloy wheel update... one front one has distorted... prob.. going up a kerb if i remember right... can't be bothered to have it repaired (no confidence any more ), its only minor (but caused slow puncture).... so may be up for sale on ebay soon.. I am looking around for some new 15 inch ones which will be fitted with 195/60,s ....:yum:

are you sure they are the right size?? i have 15's on my doblo and they are fitted with 205/55/15 tyres :)

are you sure they are the right size?? i have 15's on my doblo and they are fitted with 205/55/15 tyres :)

I agree that you can go to 205's .. as i did have 205/50 17's but the top end / performance suffered on our 1.3mj ... now have 195/50 15's fiitted today all black... have found on this evenings motorway test that the top speed is restored &&*^^%$ it is now much improved to 70 + "20" :eek: ... our dobbin is remapped by angel.. but for towing not top end.. ;)

the new alloys do look good but compared to the old ones look like buttons... I am unhappy with the load rating on the tyres fitted so will change to larger + higher load prior to our holiday this summer....(7 up with a trailer) :eek: the alloys and wheel package was only £254.00... but was discounted and a one off deal... (I took loads of other quotes as ref.. hence discount)

Last edited:
i fitted some 17s on my doblo 2 day, payed £30 for the wheels and i had 4 brand new tyres 215 45 17s in my garage from an old car i had will add pics tomorrow

I wonder what fiat alloys would fit the doblo?
does anyone have a list.
would Marea alloys fit?
I bought a spare steel wheel from a Brava and that fitted.
I would probably look for a 15 inch set as I have heard if you go to 16 or 17 inch the ride suffers and in Wales the roads can be quite interesting.
A while back we dented a Uno wheel on the potholes on the main road into Swansea

Back