Technical Alloy Wheels for my Doblo

Currently reading:
Technical Alloy Wheels for my Doblo

Ozzie1989 said:
Hey there! Hope the wheels are going well for you, I was just wondering, have you told your insurance company? If so what did they say and did they charge you any extra? I'm gathering your quite young so it would be intresting to know :) Cheers

The insurance company "direct line" have charged me an extra £30.00 for the change to the alloys.... (n)

Well then added the final A bar not bad ??? just like those pimped holland jobs.... :D

Finally finished... support ENGLAND........

Attachments

• Dscf0029.jpg
    Dscf0029.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 217
OOH dear.....

My 4 month old 17 inch tyres have started to split on one side wall , on one side ONLY, at the same radius on ALL 4 tyres... >>> must be a manufacturing fault, have reported this to dealer who sold me the alloy package...

Sent pictures etc.. awaiting a reply... , I've not abused the dobbin in anyway... only really use it for going on holiday to cornwall / overseas, not towing ...

Awaiting a response... have had to source new tyres as matter of urgency ,,, going on Holiday on Monday... The replacement tyres are Marshall 205/45 17's Hope these will last...

Hopefully rec. a

Am a bit worried this problem may have affected other tyres manufactured in the same batch... If no progress from dealer + supplier, then will have to raise with trading standards , H+S Agency :confused:

That is really bad. Try and get some tyres that are reinforced if you can, when I had mine changed recently the guy said that without the reinforced tyres, the tyres squab too much going round corners and this causes excessive wear and sidewall problems... And that's on 14's! Could possibly be linked as you have pretty much zero sidewall on those low profile tyres :p:confused:

Hi there,
I have put 16" original Fiat coupe -87 alloys on my Dobló and they fits like a glove without spacers(y)

You can't come on here and say things like that without posting a picture as well.... you little tease!!

ashy_2002 said:
OOH dear.....

My 4 month old 17 inch tyres have started to split on one side wall , on one side ONLY, at the same radius on ALL 4 tyres... >>> must be a manufacturing fault, have reported this to dealer who sold me the alloy package...

hi, to side track a bit.

doblo on 17 inch alloys, are spacer required ?

i'm currenty on 15 inch alloys - got it off some fiat punto, tyre size 195/55
on full turn , the inside of the wheel doesn't seems to have much space left for a wider tyres

planning to upgrade to 17 in the near future :)

here's a pic of my current alloys.
fiatrim9bg.jpg

Last edited:
mingsect said:
hi, to side track a bit.

doblo on 17 inch alloys, are spacer required ?

i'm currenty on 15 inch alloys - got it off some fiat punto, tyre size 195/55
on full turn , the inside of the wheel doesn't seems to have much space left for a wider tyres

planning to upgrade to 17 in the near future :)

Yeap they are 17 inch , The tyres , which I have problem with !!! are 205/40's , These have been replaced by 205/45's (can't go any bigger than that, they won't fit..) , no spacers required , I've about 1.5 cm gap from the front suspension strut and about the same may be a bit more on the rear strut

It's all to do with the offset on the alloys, The punto's I think are ET38 ? mine I think are ET35 or is it the other way around ????

The alloys are DJ alloys , and were "designed to fit a doblo" ????? believe it or not

Holds the road very well, it's like driving a steam roller....

Last edited:
That's a great colour for a Dobbie! If you got to drive one at least make it orange!

Helsingborg is a nice part of the world - do you still get the drunks coming back on the ferry from Helsingor?

Thanks very much,Yes ,Sinse alcohol is cheaper in Helsingor,the drunks is allways there,sometimes I join them:yuck: "Drunk as drunk can be"

Yeap they are 17 inch , The tyres , which I have problem with !!! are 205/40's , These have been replaced by 205/45's (can't go any bigger than that, they won't fit..) , no spacers required , I've about 1.5 cm gap from the front suspension strut and about the same may be a bit more on the rear strut

It's all to do with the offset on the alloys, The punto's I think are ET38 ? mine I think are ET35 or is it the other way around ????

The alloys are DJ alloys , and were "designed to fit a doblo" ????? believe it or not

Holds the road very well, it's like driving a steam roller....

hi ashy,
i recently managed to get hold of a set of 17 claw fiat alloys, now down to the tyres :)
any other issues with the 205/45 so far ?
e.g hitting on the inside wheel arc on a full roll ?

hi ashy,
i recently managed to get hold of a set of 17 claw fiat alloys, now down to the tyres :)
any other issues with the 205/45 so far ?
e.g hitting on the inside wheel arc on a full roll ?

Well then the 205/45's (Marshalls) are fine the 1.3 mulitjet dobbin holds the road very well. There is of course increased tyre noise... the one thing I have noticed is well, tyre drag... the dobbin isn't the fastest thing on the earth and lugging the extra rubber around does affect a "little" on the top end performance.... The orignal 204/40's went west (they were hard on the suspension you could feel every jar ) but the company who suppplied the faulty tyres have supplied a full set of 205/50's (yes these do fit) , they are in the garage stored waiting for the 205/45's to wear down... I Know I said that i thought 205/45's were the max but on consultation theres only 2.5-3% difference between the sizes ... but I think its dependant upon make of tyre and alloy and the combination of the two elements

I would recommmend going for 205/45's , but if your on good terms with your local tyre supplier/fitter then trying different variations won't take long

:peace:

thanks for the advise

managed to get a set of 215 /45 /17 for the rims

here's some pic

you've joined the 17 inch club at present there only seems to be two of us... will there be more ?.... to all dobbin fans bin those little thin wheels join the club.... you'll enjoy the difference

:tempt:

Ah lads the wheels look great and they fill the arches but I thought they were only for Honda Civics :confused: :p

....maybe I'm just getting old.....

How do you reckon they're better than say a set of 15's surely you loose acceleration, increase noise and shake the guts out of the cabin? Those sidewalls don't flex at all.... :slayer:

Back