alignment and camber

Currently reading:
alignment and camber

dave

got my new front suspension tops n bearings in the week, so Finlay got the fk coil overs on right. to day i went to http://www.elitedirect.com/ as recommended by GSR, they are a top place don't just set it too book but ask your driving style and tweak settings to suit :) only cost me £46 as i had got lucky and 1 side was set right to start with.

they also sell a huge range of wheels and have a cafe and a chill area bit with tv and sofas as well

Last edited:

ColonyFiat

Hey Dave,
I went to the link you listed and got a web search page. I need a way to adjust the camber on my x1/9 but can't locate any camber bolts or top plates for it. Can you guide me to a source for them?

thanks, Kirk

jug

blessed are the apostates
to adjust camber just drill out the holes on the suspension turret and add bigger washers. then use a magnetic camber gauge to make sure you get both sides even.

or you can pay a fortune for special bolts with thinner heads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dave

dave

Hey Dave,
I went to the link you listed and got a web search page. I need a way to adjust the camber on my x1/9 but can't locate any camber bolts or top plates for it. Can you guide me to a source for them?

thanks, Kirk

i not sure what is going on with their website, think some one nicked the addy. i will investegate

got my new front suspension tops n bearings in the week, so Finlay got the fk coil overs on right. to day i went to http://www.elite-design.co.uk/ as recommended by oldschool, they are a top place don't just set it too book but ask your driving style and tweak settings to suit :) only cost me £46 as i had got lucky and 1 side was set right to start with.

they also sell a huge range of wheels and have a cafe and a chill area bit with tv and sofas as well

what did u have at cafe?:yum:

ColonyFiat

Ahhhh, I think the special bolts with thinner heads or cammed camber bolts is more my speed :>) Do you have a source for any that will fit the x1/9? I have found many for the 124, 128 and 131s. Do you know if those will work for x1/9?

Thanks for the help!

ColonyFiat

Dave,
I had misread your post. My mistake, I thought you were referring to where you got the top plates but you meant the alignment shop.. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Kirk

OP
OP
dave

dave

Dave,
I had misread your post. My mistake, I thought you were referring to where you got the top plates but you meant the alignment shop.. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Kirk

they also do a number of diffrent things you can use to adjust other wise non adjustabe camber and rear wheel track :)

ColonyFiat

Hi,
A fellow on another forum advised that you can't use offset camber bolts on the rear x1/9 to correct excess negative camber because the hub hits the bottom of the strut which brings me back to adjustable top plates or drilling extra big holes and using larger washers :cool:

Sorry, not cutting up this one or letting a body shop bend anything to compensate for shorter springs. I could go back to stock springs but I'm sure this is a common issue with x1/9s.

Does anyone have a source for the adjustable top plates?