Alfa Mito

Currently reading:
Alfa Mito

the 1.8 turbo rumours are everywhere, i suspect autoitalia started it, but its completely unfounded.

i do believe the twin turbo 1.4 t-jet is going to happen because that info seems to have come from fiat, although that is no guarantee it is anything other than a fantasy they had.

fingers crossed for either.

Well the 1.8 turbo engine does exist. It's just a case of whether they actually put it in. I believe it's going to use the 450cc cylinder module that Fiat are working on as the basis for a lot of new engines. There will be the 900cc turbo and NA, 1.8 NA and turbo as well as a 2.7l v6 and a 3.8l V8 and I think some 5 pot engines too. The v6 and v8 are only thoughts at the moment but the 900c and 1.8l engines are on the horizon.

have you found a reliable source for that?

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2006/cars/other/technology/11/investor_presentation_engines/0911.html there's this.

And click on the link in post 8 on this thread. The link doesn't work all the time.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/anything-about-alfa-romeos-alfabb-com/44728-alfa-romeo-future.html

230bhp and the Mito will be a weapon. It will be a replacement engine that goes in the 159 and 149 for sure. It's just up to Alfa Romeo to put it in the Mito.

Last edited:
italiaspeed make it all up, read some of their older articles to see how inaccurate they are. that italiaspeed artice is what started the 1.8 rumour (not autoitalia as i previously said)

the link is to a pdf from engine technology internation magazine that tells the same story. tbh i think they wrote it using italiaspeed reports. its 2008 so if a 1.8t-jet was coming out this year we would have heard from fiat by now.

Last edited:
italiaspeed make it all up, read some of their older articles to see how inaccurate they are.

Well everyone makes mistakes. There's a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding in the industry. Happen to be good friends with one of the guys there and he said they posted a story about their being a rumour of their being a 200+bhp 4wd GP Abarth (The mythical Brutale) and it spread around the net like wildfire an even ended up in some magazines printed as fact. Quite funny.

Regardless of that the 2nd article is direct from Fiat and confirms what Italiaspeed said :)

Last edited:
assuming the quotes in that article really are from the ceo of powertrain then the 1.8 will physically exist in 2008, but i've never heard of "engine technology international" mag so i'm keeping my doubts until fiat announce it.

assuming the quotes in that article really are from the ceo of powertrain then the 1.8 will physically exist in 2008, but i've never heard of "engine technology international" mag so i'm keeping my doubts until fiat announce it.
Fair enough. Only time will tell. Do a bit of googling for "Alfa 1.8 jtb" and there's a lot there. I reckon it exists but my only doubt is wether they'll actually put it in the Mito.

Mag seems legit but I've never heard of it either.
http://www.ukipme.com/mag_engine.htm

the 1.8jtb is the supercharged version. in that mag they say 1.8t-jet which a turbo, not supercharged. they are 2 different rumours.
Would have thought it would be turbocharged for fuel efficiency. Lots of people (stupid people!!!!! Grrrr) refer to forced induction whether it be a supercharged driven from the crank or a turbo driven by exhaust gases as supercharging which annoys me. My money's on the JTB being a turbocharged engine but time will tell :)

Would have thought it would be turbocharged for fuel efficiency. Lots of people (stupid people!!!!! Grrrr) refer to forced induction whether it be a supercharged driven from the crank or a turbo driven by exhaust gases as supercharging which annoys me. My money's on the JTB being a turbocharged engine but time will tell :)
http://www.fiat.com/cgi-bin/pbrand....categoryOID=-1073765886&contentOID=1074099230

Even bloody Fiat refer to the t-jets as being supercharged. It's a pet hate of mine.

haha well spotted (y)

hang on where's my previous post gone :confused:
i wonder if i've been moderated, but then again i didnt say anything wrong.

I want one....plain and simple. I will do everything i can to get one, i just hope that those wheels arent just for the drawing! Priced similar to a punto/500 abarth, im so excited already, cant wait to actually see one in the flesh. Might be worth a trip to the London motor show where its rumoured to make an appearance

I want one....plain and simple. I will do everything i can to get one, i just hope that those wheels arent just for the drawing! Priced similar to a punto/500 abarth, im so excited already, cant wait to actually see one in the flesh. Might be worth a trip to the London motor show where its rumoured to make an appearance

No they're real. Lots of pictures of the car around. Mostly with camo tape though but the wheels are real. They're available in 17" as you can see below.

http://www.alfamitoblog.it/content/view/125/lang,english/

Oh and it will be debuting earlier than the London show. It will be debuted in June and will be on sale in Europe in July. I might have to pop down for that too :)

Last edited:
Some pics of it without any camo tape at all. Bad lighting though so don't be judging the colour on these pics ;) I'll be honest and say I don't like the chrome tail light surrounds. Too bling for for me a on car like this. But you can have different surround so I'd spec the non-chrome ones. Another thing I'm not too keen on is the interior which is a little bland.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

I did see some bigger pictures of the interior but can't find them now.
mitoka2.jpg

Last edited:
They said that about the 8c.... damn I want one of them so bad!

Perhaps. But it's been a long time since the car debuted and nothing has been heard since.

If you're looking for a small sportscar Alfa you're going to be disappointed. The Duetto is going to be with us in a few years but it won't be light, rwd and powerful if the rumours are to be believed.

Back