Technical Airbag Warning Light

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag Warning Light

I have the same problem..

Mate of mine shunted me in the back when not looking at the road the daft prat.

Luckly i wasnt at a stand still and it shunted me forward.

Since then my Passenger airbag light has come on and the red airbag light.

Made my own cable by soldering 2 wires on an original cable and scanned..

Comes up:

Passenger airbag switch has a fault or some crap.. but its all linked to the passenger switch.

If i turn the pass airbag off, and reset lights it clears. If i turn it back on, both lights come on.

Is it easy to check the passenger switch connections? Dont wanna fiddle if chances of me deploying the bags.

Disconnect battery for an hour before touching the wiring and avoid using a powered continuity tester. Then take off the glove box (all of it not just the lid) and sort out the wiring connectors. Or take it to Fiat who will replace the faulty section of the wiring loom. You might save money by first removing the glove box.

I have the same problem..

Mate of mine shunted me in the back when not looking at the road the daft prat.

Luckly i wasnt at a stand still and it shunted me forward.

Since then my Passenger airbag light has come on and the red airbag light.

Made my own cable by soldering 2 wires on an original cable and scanned..

Comes up:

Passenger airbag switch has a fault or some crap.. but its all linked to the passenger switch.

If i turn the pass airbag off, and reset lights it clears. If i turn it back on, both lights come on.

Is it easy to check the passenger switch connections? Dont wanna fiddle if chances of me deploying the bags.

https://www.fiatforum.com/faqs

ask to talk to a det service reception probably wont have a clue

what the hell..

i Described the problem and the chap said: about £80 for the labour plus part to be fitted which is fair enough

Then passed me onto parts to find how much the part cost.. he then said the whole switch section costs around £35 :\

Then said they would have to put it on the scanner to find the problem fully costing me another £70

Total: £185

I know what the friggin problem is i scan it myself all the time.. if i scan it and give them the error code would they stop trying to con me then?

Could you not just remove the bulb from the dash? Or would this effect possible new mot regulations?

from what I have heard the light being on is not a failure,could anyone confirm this?

few months being?

MOT due in Jan but can get done end of December
what will i do then for next year???

I cant seem to find any Directgov official line on this. do you have a link or anything

cheers

first three months of next year and the airbag failure light will be a pass and advice then its a definate failure from april
cant see the problem really in relation to puntos certainly up to 2006 they are simple to fix
once past 2006 and it gets more complicated and the amount ive seen fired would suggest to me they are trigger happy to fire in a grande way

airbagman.co.uk came to have a look and said the ECU was destroyed by water/damp
that was the reason.

they did this diagnosis for free, and if i wanted the wrecked ecu back they were gonna charge me.

so i told them keep it. this is stupid though, if i manage to get that light off i will pass after april. could even try covering it with some tape :)

airbagman.co.uk came to have a look and said the ECU was destroyed by water/damp
that was the reason.

they did this diagnosis for free, and if i wanted the wrecked ecu back they were gonna charge me.

so i told them keep it. this is stupid though, if i manage to get that light off i will pass after april. could even try covering it with some tape :)

what year is your punto because certainly up to 2006 they are plug and play you just match the numbers up (battery disconnected mind) ive had to change a few of these when i couldnt clear the code but they are well sealed

Attachments

• th_08-06-09_053218.jpg
    th_08-06-09_053218.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 82
  • th_08-06-09_053238.jpg
    th_08-06-09_053238.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 75
  • th_08-06-09_053422.jpg
    th_08-06-09_053422.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 77
Back