General Airbag code B0100-49

Currently reading:
General Airbag code B0100-49

Hi all

So after telling Luigi the other day what would happen to him if he didn't start behaving himself seemed to work but that has been short lived, so in March the airbag module was sent off for repair & came back all good, fast forward about 2 months the same lights on the dash came on again with Airbag failure & fuel cut off unavailable & after having stern words with the car everything went back to normal but 5 days later the same thing has come back up so I connected MES up to the car & it has this fault code present

B0100-49 - Error inside control unit

Would I be right in assuming the module is now toast as I'm starting to get quite p*ssed off with this unnecessary & annoying reoccurring optional extra with this Panda & getting to the point of considering getting rid & cutting my losses with it

Hi all

So after telling Luigi the other day what would happen to him if he didn't start behaving himself seemed to work but that has been short lived, so in March the airbag module was sent off for repair & came back all good, fast forward about 2 months the same lights on the dash came on again with Airbag failure & fuel cut off unavailable & after having stern words with the car everything went back to normal but 5 days later the same thing has come back up so I connected MES up to the car & it has this fault code present

B0100-49 - Error inside control unit

Would I be right in assuming the module is now toast as I'm starting to get quite p*ssed off with this unnecessary & annoying reoccurring optional extra with this Panda & getting to the point of considering getting rid & cutting my losses with it
I have probably mentioned this before, but on a 2010 Punto Evo after a previous owners "repair" to a passenger seat sensor damaged the BCM I found one on eBay brand new for £149. and after fixing seat occupancy sensor , fitting BCM and then running a "proxi alignment" using a friends Snap On Zeus Diagnostic tool the problem was fixed.
What sort of warranty did the BCM repairer provide ?
Does your diagnostic tool give any more information re the items connected to the BCM , did you run a "proxi alignment" after BCM returned from repairers or just plug it it?
On the one I sorted, the previous owners "repair" had in effect bypassed the resistor in the circuit, so in effect when operated shorted the BCM.
You probably have more experience with the troubles you have had, so I am just mentioning this in case any relevance.:)

Attachments

• DSCF1357.JPG
    DSCF1357.JPG
    457.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back