General Air Conditioning Pressure?

Currently reading:
General Air Conditioning Pressure?

Well i've decided to regas my own air conditioning system on my car since i dont think its ever been done since i've had the car, however i just need to know at what pressure the air con should be at before and after the compressor kicks in. I dont want to over fill the aircon you see.

Thanks in Advance.

The kits ive seen at hellfords have a guage built into the top of them and when you connect it up it will tell you if its empty and give a starting point on how much to fill it, i think it also tells you it your aircons knacked too! just a simple colour needle guage. (have i spelt guage right?:eek: )

bout 40 pound i think?

HTH(y)

The kits ive seen at hellfords have a guage built into the top of them and when you connect it up it will tell you if its empty and give a starting point on how much to fill it, i think it also tells you it your aircons knacked too! just a simple colour needle guage. (have i spelt guage right?:eek: )

bout 40 pound i think?

HTH(y)

Carl i already know about the kits from Halfords and i have a guage but it still dont answer my original question as the guage is not car specific. I want the actual fiat specs on the air con pressures. But its ok, i;ve found them now.

for the record,
at 1500rpm standing still
lp - 1.5-3.0 bar
hp - 11-16 bar
r134a amount - 650cc+-25cc.
nd8 sae150 - 80cc+-20cc.

different pressures indicate leak/failure somewhere. or your compressor running higher than regular temp for too high a bar.

Back