Technical Air condition- strange motor adjustment

Currently reading:
Technical Air condition- strange motor adjustment

paulik

Hi,
after turning on key into ON position I listen to the motor adjustment in air condition on passenger side. I see white plastic lever mechanism trying to adjust any valve or what. After turning ON, it goes down, then up, and then down and stop. One movement from up(down) to down(up) is executed in intervals, one interval takes aprox. 1s. 1s is moving, 1s is quite and after few seconds the movement is done. And then movement repeat to opposite side.
What is intention of this lever ? Thanks
bezec.jpg

http://s13.postimg.org/n8cbjnqbr/bezec.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect it is the automatic vent adjustment for the climate control. I have never heard mine working but I never listen anyway.
It is probably adjusting to the last known settings.

I wondered what that white thing was. I found that loose in my footwell after trying to locate the cabin filter.
Mine isn't attached but my climate control seems to work regardless

Hm .. it is intended for some purpose so it has a meaning which I want to know :)
I noticed this behavior due to "not normal" sound after starting car (or key into idle position ON) , so I want to exclude that there is some problem or it is normal behavior.
Video:

Thanks for the video. I'm still non the wiser as to what it does. Mine has fallen off and all the functions of my climate control work.
I'm going to take my car in to Fiat to change the cabin filter for me, I'll get them to reattach it!

Back