Technical air conditioner fail

Currently reading:
Technical air conditioner fail

Maykel

Hi all!

I have a question for yours, well i have a fiat stilo 2007 in driver zone the air is cold but the passanger zone is a hot when i put temperature cold both sides. i know exists many engines to move the hatchs i think 4?

If i use a elm327 for diagnostics it tell me who is the wrong? or i need something special tool for diagnostic, i see in the forum the fiat diagnostic but the link are down

sorry for me english

thank you!

I presume you have the auto/climate control system rather than manual dials, if you can set the temperature differently on both sides. The "manual" system only has one temperature setting that's the same for both sides...

The Stilo heating system moves hot water through the heater matrix all the time, and relies on flaps to close off the warm air flow to where you don't want it. If you're feeling warm air when the air is directed through a particular vent, then the actuator for that vent is not closing the flap (or the flap is stuck for some other reason).

It's most likely a knackered actuator but the flaps are opened and closed by rods and/or neoprene/silicon belts. The rods could be broken, or a joint has come apart... and if it's a belt it could obviously be perished/rotten.

Ralf S.

wow okay i understand you, soo i will check i don't know if can check this without dissamble dashboard it's possible?

Do you have a diagram for see where is the flaps exactly?

thank you !

wow okay i understand you, soo i will check i don't know if can check this without dissamble dashboard it's possible?

Do you have a diagram for see where is the flaps exactly?

thank you !
The Blend door/flaps on most cars are very low down in the heater box behind the dash so you may be able to find and access them by removing some of the trim around the bottom of the dash/centre console. i've not had a stilo apart before but you can use ePER at the top of this page to search for parts and this will show the parts in diagrams to work out what you are looking for.

Do you have basic air conditioning, or dual zone automatic climate control. If you have dual zone automatic climate control, there will be AUTO
and MONO button on the control panel.

Attachments

• Stilo CC Panel.JPG
    Stilo CC Panel.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 36
Back