General After A Stilo - Few Questions Please :)

Currently reading:
General After A Stilo - Few Questions Please :)

I think Greggers is correct on this. The motor trade use their own trade plates for moving stock around so why would they need to register it :confused:

If it had 5 previous owners then that's what it had - maybe the garage owner(s) took a shine to the car and decided to use it as there own private motor :chin:

The last (private) owner is the most important one so base your judgment on what she has told you.

Hmm. Well, thinking about my current car - it had 52,000 on the clock and was a 2001 car. Full service history. I am the 5th owner; previous owner had it a year and owner before him had it a year (they worked together so one sold it to the other).

I think Greggers is correct on this. The motor trade use their own trade plates for moving stock around so why would they need to register it :confused:

If it had 5 previous owners then that's what it had - maybe the garage owner(s) took a shine to the car and decided to use it as there own private motor :chin:

The last (private) owner is the most important one so base your judgment on what she has told you.
It will have had 5 owners. Dealers fill in the transfer to a motor trader section on the V5 which doesn't show up as an owner. Only reason why a dealer would register it to himself is if he is dodgy and wants to avoid paying tax on the car's profit, off the company books. Also he could sell it as a private sale and avoid offering warranty. They have to give a warranty and you have rights to return a car under the sale of goods act, but If you buy privately, (as this transaction would probably be) you get nothing. Unless it is very cheap or you know what you are doing, walk away.

Ah, it's 1 month warranty - I must have misheard him (strong Northen accent, I'm a Southern lad myself!).

Covered 31,000 miles up to 2005, then 16,000 until he purchased the car. The female owner sold it as she has relocated as her partner is in the RAF. Really excited now, my Leon has gone up on eBay and I have pound signs in my eyes thinking of all the cash I can save!

Passed all MOTs and has all documents for milage - Fiat service history up to 23,000 (I think, 20 something).

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Ta-da :)

So uhr..what the flip are all those buttons for?!

Last edited:
Hopefully on my drive once the Leon has sold ;) The plans involve

170bhp remap/Induction Kit on an RR Day
Custom exhaust system
17" wheels (was thinking maybe Konig)
Lowered 40mm - saw some pics of these lowered 35mm and it's a bit too high for me
Retrim interior - leather seats and door cards
Am looking for the plain red rear light sets aswell which I spotted in a post here (forgot what I was looking for)
Bodykit - nothing to OTT but I do like Dogspods!
Strut braces
Maybe smoked front/rear lights
Maybe a HID conversion
Maybe light smoked tints all round

Will have to see how I feel when I get the car really..interior bits aren't top of the to-do list and I may even decide to leave as is. Keep it subtle, nothing off putting either :)

You will need to fit a fuel filter lowering plate if you want to fit the strut brace on the jtd.. stilosporting has it on his so he could help with sizes of it and holes centers etc when you have it made..And you live in essex you just gave that one away over the other side..gottcha..lol

Last edited:
I'd strongly advice

1. Buy it first :p
  2. Give it a run for at least a month before messing with it.
Far too easy to mess with mods and then not realize you've effectively degraded the car. Running it for a month or so will allow you to check for any REAL problems and also give you a chance to get a feel for the car (handling wise - that's very important)

You will need to fit a fuel filter lowering plate if you want to fit the strut brace on the jtd.. stilosporting has it on his so he could help with sizes of it and holes centers etc when you have it made..And you live in essex you just gave that one away over the other side..gottcha..lol

lol i been waiting a YEAR for that :p

xila, she nice and all, but a tad pricey. mine was that price a year ago with one owner, skyroof and satnav.

Oz has got a point.

If you add in only some of your mods you intend to do then Bozzy's motor is way cheaper at £4k (and the better colour - and with a skyroof - and an 04)

Only trouble is - if you intend hacking it about - you may find it's no longer available :(

Have chatted to Bozzy and there's a queue of people - plus I'm not a fan of the skyroof! The price is reasonable compared to others I have seen - maybe £1000 less for another 15,000 miles on the clock. I'd rather pay a bit more for the car in the colour I love, than settle for something I'm happy with - as opposed to being ecstatic.

I don't plan to splurge all at once - I might aim to get a new exhaust system on before next months Rolling Road Day to then get remap/induction kit - if not I guess I will wait the month after.

All depends on how much the Leon goes for, and what money I have left to play with :)

It's quirky, I agree - but I'm 6'4 and I heard it lowers the ceiling height (bad for me). Plus I used to travel in a Smart Car which had the same sort of crazy roof, just without the opening bit - I see no use to opening the roof. Plus you have to see all the bird poo if you haven't cleaned it off yet :p

You obviously haven't seen one

With the blind open you get MORE headroom (and a lot more still when you open the sky-roof ;))

If worried about nasty sights above the glass panels then you can always close the blind :D

well thats fair enough if you dont want the skyroof, because theyre quite rare anyway.

good thing is, you've found a stilo that you like in the colour that you want. it took me over a year to find the one i wanted with the spec i want, and even then it still wasnt custard :cry:

but hey ho, you dont get everything :rolleyes:

and im not surprised to see that theres a que for bozzy's car. its the dogs danglee's, it ticks ALL the boxes and you know hes taken good care of her and spent a fair few bob in the process :yum:

You obviously haven't seen one

With the blind open you get MORE headroom (and a lot more still when you open the sky-roof ;))

If worried about nasty sights above the glass panels then you can always close the blind :D

my blind is NEVER closed. dont see the point, it feels soooo claustrophobic when you do close it :slayer:

Back