Styling Aerial

Currently reading:
Styling Aerial

guybusc

Hi Guys,

I want to fit one of them stump looking aerials, I found one on euro car parts. I was just wondering how to actually fit it? I heard that you need to take out the interior light unit and unscrew from there? Is this correct could anyone give me some guidance?

Thanks ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1421701524.490175.jpg

Yep it's bolted in place above the interior light so take the light out and it's an easy swap..... However the aerial you posted is really designed for the rear of the roof and angled as such, mount them on the front as on a mk2 and they point almost straight up making it look like your car is a little over excited

The aerial on my car is a bit pants. Is it possible to change just the aerial itself without having to rewire to the radio?

Cheers guys but my oem aerial is right floppy where it hinges so I need the Base and the aerial itself. If I can change these bits without rewiring to the HU that would be great.

Any recommended replacements?

Cheers guys but my oem aerial is right floppy where it hinges so I need the Base and the aerial itself. If I can change these bits without rewiring to the HU that would be great.

Any recommended replacements?

Yes the wiring is held on the bottom of the aerial with a nut once you take the aerial out the new one bolts in the same place and you just need to reattach the wire

Cheers guys but my oem aerial is right floppy where it hinges

Like Dave says, pull/twist the top part off and tighten the screw. Push the top back on. The top is held by three tabs so easily clips back on. The one in the picture is broken at the hinge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Like Dave says, pull/twist the top part off and tighten the screw. Push the top back on. The top is held by three tabs so easily clips back on. The one in the picture is broken at the hinge

All very well and good but most of them especially if they are old and have taken some abuse the alloy cracks and breaks...... Just like the one in your photos the aerial is no longer attached to the base

If you want a good reception bigger is better! I currently have an antenna from a scania lorry on the roof of my punto, its a good foot and a half long but it fits perfectly and can get stations from the next town over! so if your going to buy one get one that is double coiled and not one of those stupid shark fin things

So is there a recommended replacement aerial to fit?

Seems there is a wide selection to choose from! :D

Or do I just go for as thick a base as possible, assuming it has lots of winding around it and therefore better reception?

Not tightened my base yet as it is too cold and I don't want to snap off the cover tabs!

Back