General Removing Aerial, different on sunroof models?

Currently reading:
General Removing Aerial, different on sunroof models?

Hi I am aware that this question has been asked hundreds of times but I'm trying to replace the aerial on a mk2 Punto, the base has broken so the old aerial fell off completely leaving just the base bit on the roof, upon inspection the plastic has completely sheared where pivot system is supposed to be.

So I went to a breakers to get one off another Punto (£4) and had a quick look on here how to replace it. Popped the interior light out no problem, undid the nut underneath and the thing is still completely attached to the roof, it will not budge... I've looked at several threads on how to do it and I'm starting to think this one is different because I just can't get the thing to budge. I'm wondering if because its a sunroof model it's different or something?
Here's a picture of whats under the interior light, I've removed the nut but don't know what else I can do under here to get the aerial to come off?? :bang:

Thanks in advance for my stupidity :rolleyes:

Remove the two clips that hold the sun visors in place.

Remove the 3 screws in the piece of plastic above the interior light and try and get that plastic out of the way.

My thought is either 1. a second nut a little higher up that you can't see at the moment.

Or 2. it's all become a bit stuck together and needs a little force.

I wouldn't recomend 2 without checking 1 as I wouldn't want to damage the roof.

Managed to fit the new aerial today, thanks again for the help (y)

For future reference the procedure is different on sunroof Punto's, to access the aerial rather than removing the interior light you must remove the controls for the sunroof.

This comes out similar to the interior light, I just used a flathead screwdriver and prised it gently away from the headlining.
Once removed you should reveal the sunroof motor.

It's held in by 3 phillips screws, undo these (be careful not to drop them). After this you can either attempt to completely unplug the motor and remove it completely (I found this to be too awkward to get my hands in the small space to do so) or you can wiggle the motor far enough over/out of the way until you can see the nut that holds the aerial in place which is immediately behind where the motor sits. Undo this and the aerial will lift off the roof :)
When refitting the motor and sunroof control panel be careful how you route the wiring because its quite bulky and awkward to do without potentially trapping it.

Back