General advise please

Currently reading:
General advise please

big hairy

hi,i have just purchased a p reg ulysse 2.0 .it has a couple of things that need sorting,so i thought i'de come to THE place for info:worship: firstly when cold it wont idle its up and down like a yo yo when warmed up its fine,secondly i have read a couple of threads about vibration/wobble when accelorating(no i can't spell),but no one seems to have come up with a reason.guess what mine does it:confused: ,considering the mileage 370,000(yes ex-taxi)and the price i payed :eek: i expect to pay out on a few repairs,can anyone help with these two probs,thanks:D

i take it its a petrol ,sounds like the idle controle valve i clean the pipes to mine about every 3 months not got round to changing it just yet as cleaning the pipes seems to do the trick a few of the guys on here have changed them [ donald where are you im sure he will answer you as well] as for wobble is it mabey wheel balance (y)

hi thanks for that, where do i find the valve and what does it look like please:confused: :confused:

also one other thing my car has lpg apart from putting a roof box on has anyone come up with a better idea for storeing the spare wheel apart from inside the car(daft idea)ive also thought of a space saver but then if u r loaded where do you put the flat :confused: ,not very well thought of me thinks lol

will try and post pics friday computer playing up if i get it sorted drop me an email wi your address and ill burn you a copy of the ulysse parts manual lots of exploded diagrams and prices of parts (y) [email protected] if you do a search on fiat ePER you can find it on the web

Last edited:
lanciak69 said:
i take it its a petrol ,sounds like the idle controle valve i clean the pipes to mine about every 3 months not got round to changing it just yet as cleaning the pipes seems to do the trick a few of the guys on here have changed them [ donald where are you im sure he will answer you as well] as for wobble is it mabey wheel balance (y)

Hi Lanciak69 I never clean mine as I removed mine instead. Leaving the oil filler chamber nozzle open to breath and the nozzle on the trottle housing plugged.

my mistake but you did fit a new valve if i remember right.anyway hows the family all well and looking forward to christmas i hope(y)

TBH a P reg Uly with 370K miles I wouldn't be spending anything on it.

If it runs rough then I would live with it

ye of little faith,with 370,000 miles on the cock it looks better than cars i looked at less than 100.000 miles on the clock,the only sign of wear on the interior is the gator round the gear stick,and the end of the drivers arm rest.the body is totally rust free,every electrical works,and its mine brought and payed for so i shall be fixing it:p

quite right(y) its yours you own it no hp if it brakes down tomorow you wont be paying for it for the next 4 years .lets hope its many years of ulysse ownership hope mine does that many miles.had a fiat tempra once had 250000 when i sold it to my boss 6 month he got out of it and spent not a penny on it :)

i think that would bring more than just tears to your eyes.but you'd be worth a few bob.:D

Back