General advice please!!!!!!

Currently reading:
General advice please!!!!!!

Alan.D said:
Alex congrats (y) looks very clean so I hope it all goes well, before going too far check the gearbox fluid.

CW things you say used to supprise me but I think I'm becoming immune to your antics :)

Hi Alex, yes hope all goes well...did you say it was a 400 mile trip?

Alex, brilliant. I hope your Gran has luck with it. :)

Christopher, I'm not even going to ask! :eek:

Attachments

• maketheman.jpg
    maketheman.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 15
yes offered him £300 cash, says there is no rust just a bubble on drivers door. im in yorkshire, the panda is in essex lol so quite a trip indeed. it was his girlfriends and shes gone to uni. he didnt sound dodgey (you know when there telling fibs) and he didnt know what it was i.e. i think its worth a little more than £300. he snapped it up straight away so nobody go offering him more please lol. (y)

i thought it was pretty good considering its not rusted and its an auto with low milage. we shall see though. i know the trouble spots on the body etc but ive never had a selecta so im looking out for:

oil in the gear box
clunking
clutch slipping

anything else?:)

Alex B said:
yes offered him £300 cash, says there is no rust just a bubble on drivers door. im in yorkshire, the panda is in essex lol so quite a trip indeed. it was his girlfriends and shes gone to uni. he didnt sound dodgey (you know when there telling fibs) and he didnt know what it was i.e. i think its worth a little more than £300. he snapped it up straight away so nobody go offering him more please lol. (y)

I got mine from e-bay in a cash deal...went to have a look at it (incredibly the car was local and just 2 miles away), took the cash with me just in case and the seller agreed to take it off straight away (sorry, I know that's naughty but hey ho)

ps.give us a wave if you drive past ipswich!

Last edited:
i got my parade on ebay to, had only done 22,000 miles so didnt feel the need to go and view first. £480 was a little steep though. :(

Alex B said:
i got my parade on ebay to, had only done 22,000 miles so didnt feel the need to go and view first. £480 was a little steep though. :(

22K though Alex, that's nearly a new car.

I paid just £130 for mine with 35K on the clock BUT no MOT. Getting the car sorted for MOT has been no picnic as it has not been used too much in 2 years which has not done it a lot of good.

Alex B said:
had only done 22,000 miles so didnt feel the need to go and view first

On cars as old as Pandas, such a low mileage is worth looking into. If mine was that low I'd want to know what it'd been used for. A car that spends its life doing lots of small trips won't be all that healthy.

I'm going to make sure my next car has a fair amount of/full service history. This one seems to have got up to all sorts before being mine! And this gives me a new thread idea.

My sisley was on 68,000 when I bought it and is now 75,000. I paid the princely sum of £122 for it, The gearbox was knackered but that was the only problem. He didn't advertise it as a Sisley and there wasn't any pics on e-bay when he auctioned it. I was supprised to say the least when he e-mailed the pics and had to get it. These were the original pics

Attachments

• Panda 1.JPG
    Panda 1.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Panda 2.JPG
    Panda 2.JPG
    419.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Panda 3.JPG
    Panda 3.JPG
    367.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Panda 4 dashboard.JPG
    Panda 4 dashboard.JPG
    382.4 KB · Views: 21
Alan.D said:
My sisley was on 68,000 when I bought it and is now 75,000. I paid the princely sum of £122 for it, The gearbox was knackered but that was the only problem. He didn't advertise it as a Sisley and there wasn't any pics on e-bay when he auctioned it. I was supprised to say the least when he e-mailed the pics and had to get it. These were the original pics

When my 750 grows up, she wants to be a Sisley...!

Back