Technical Accelerator pedal issues

Currently reading:
Technical Accelerator pedal issues

Fred2184

Hi there.. I recently had an issue today. Code p0120 has come up. Accelerator sensor. I'm wanting to change the pedal. But for the life of me can't find a 100hp pedal with sensor.. But there's shed loads of punto/500 ones about. Will they fit. They are different code.. But I don't suppose that matters if they're same. Cheers.

Attachments

• DSC_0314.JPG
    DSC_0314.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 168
  • DSC_0315.JPG
    DSC_0315.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Hi
Sorry, No idea if they are the same, but I have the same code on my 100hp, so interested to find out.
Are you getting any symptoms, or just the code?
Mine seems to have slowly become "twitchy" at slow speeds. Been like it for a while, but only threw a code yesterday.

I've not noticed any physical issues yet.. But when stationary all the dials don't work. The fuel gauge is flashing empty.. Rev counter doesn't work.. Nothing... And sometimes. It just kicks in..

OP almost certainly a power or ground issue rather than a faulty pedal given other problems as well

@irc I had this error and kangarooing, fine after unplugging the electrical connector and reseating it. Others have also had success with a blast of compressed air.

I had trouble with finding the correct long reach socket. It wasn't in my normal tool kit. Cant remember its size from memory its smaller than 8mm and the nuts are on long studs.

OP almost certainly a power or ground issue rather than a faulty pedal given other problems as well

@irc I had this error and kangarooing, fine after unplugging the electrical connector and reseating it. Others have also had success with a blast of compressed air.

I had trouble with finding the correct long reach socket. It wasn't in my normal tool kit. Cant remember its size from memory its smaller than 8mm and the nuts are on long studs.

@koalar I wouldn't be surprised if it's a dodgy connection.
This particular Panda apparently has a long unhappy history of random electrical faults, which is partly why it ended up at the scrapyard. Pretty much every connector in the engine bay got cleaned & reseated when I got it , and it's behaved pretty well since then.
Guess I'll be upside-down in the footwell at some point... deep joy.
(Getting too old for acrobatics!)

@koalar I wouldn't be surprised if it's a dodgy connection.
This particular Panda apparently has a long unhappy history of random electrical faults, which is partly why it ended up at the scrapyard. Pretty much every connector in the engine bay got cleaned & reseated when I got it , and it's behaved pretty well since then.
Guess I'll be upside-down in the footwell at some point... deep joy.
(Getting too old for acrobatics!)
take a look on ebay at some old secondhand ones. The contacts often turn green. Not sure if its just general condensation or blocked duckbills in the past. My error hadn't come back in the last few months since it was repaired. No doubt there will be other cause.

Thanks for that advice... Can I just find somewhere to ground it in the car... And it would sort it

Now this has caught my attention because my 169er kangaroos but it is a "robot automatic".
What do I blast with air or what do I disconnect precisely please in an attempt to see if this fixes my problem.

Now this has caught my attention because my 169er kangaroos but it is a "robot automatic".
What do I blast with air or what do I disconnect precisely please in an attempt to see if this fixes my problem.
heres one of the threads about the compressed air fix
heres the connector I re-seated, mine was corroded as is the one in the generic photo
but there must be 101 reasons for kangooing, compression, mounts, MAP, plugs and so on as well as the pedal

some say its not a fault. and theirs have done it from new. I have had a 05 1.2, 06 1.1 and 11 1.2 none kangaroo when running properly.

long term fuel trim is where I normally start or just clean the MAP

often the long term fuel trims will be maxed out at idle and will normalise when the revs rise as its trying to correct a low rev misfire

temp.jpg

.. But there's shed loads of punto/500 ones about. Will they fit. They are different code..
I doubt you will need a new one

and the simple answer, I don't know

but 1.2 panda and 1.2 500 have been swapped successfully

I would be surprised if the 1.4 500 can not be used. As long as its a manual gearbox

watch the amount of holes, Some have two, three or four

heres one of the threads about the compressed air fix
heres the connector I re-seated, mine was corroded as is the one in the generic photo
but there must be 101 reasons for kangooing, compression, mounts, MAP, plugs and so on as well as the pedal

some say its not a fault. and theirs have done it from new. I have had a 05 1.2, 06 1.1 and 11 1.2 none kangaroo when running properly.

long term fuel trim is where I normally start or just clean the MAP

often the long term fuel trims will be maxed out at idle and will normalise when the revs rise as its trying to correct a low rev misfire

View attachment 404847
Gottit thanks. Great link too. I will investigate and get the compressed air on it ASAP.

Many parts are interchangeable. If the compressed air doesn't work, get a 500 pedal actuator on sale or return. You only be paying delivery costs if it doesn't work.

Back