Currently reading:
Technical Abarth - Performance Tuning

Re: Stilo Abarth performance tuning

Looking around on forums there doesnt appear to be that much go wrong with the Selespeed on the Abarth, nothing like the version on the earlier 156's. Remember it relies on various sensors to work correctly - a loose brake pedal switch can cause issues - but is very simple fix.

As withg all Stilo's get one with FSH and low owner count, and check paperwork and reciepts.

More people with 1.6's have issues with coil packs, gearboxes, MAF's, EGR's on JTD's it would appear.

Dan

Re: Stilo Abarth performance tuning

They go wrong as well..;) red devil had three in his..:(

ay, but 2 were my fault(y)

the selespeed box in the 156 is a different beast,works differently, its also an older design. personally id go for a manual, with a fsh, won half the battle then(y)

What Induction for Abarth Engine

Just reading somebody elses thread. What induction kits are people using on the Abarth Engine these days. Have the been tested, are there any Before and after graphs and can anybody give an unbiased real world opinion on the gains.
Whilst im at it, what kind of exhaust works well on the car. I dont want it blisteringly loud, infact i only really want to be able to control the volume like i can on my 1.6. If im just driving normally it can be fairly quiet but if i get the accelerator it comes into its own.
I was thinking a quad exit oval pretty much the same as the 1.6 but one each side.
P1030092.JPG

P1030093.JPG

Last edited:
Re: What Induction for Abarth Engine

Can't help on the induction question, but for an exhaust I have a powerflow single exit exhaust in my abarth and it is very good. It is just the back box, but it is very quiet in general and only makes a racket when you really give it some. I have the largest silencer powerflow could make fit. It is huge with a single exit inward rolling oval 2.5 inch tail pipe. Really suits the car.

Thinking induction, the pipework on the abarth is fairly well designed, all curves are gentle and the pipe runs are large diameter throughout. Prblem with aftermarket is that the maf is right on the airbox! A cone k and n kit would fit, but it'd put the element close to the ground which could be a huge issue I'd you hit a deep puddle. I'd go for a performnce element in the standard airbox, and some seam tape to better seal the box up, mine tends to gape at the join!

Any back box is better than the standard one, which has got several chambers and therefore being bad news for performance.

On induction I don't want to reply because some people most likely get funny about and will either slate me or claim I am biased.

I have the BMC kit fitted to mine, although there would be no way I would have bought it brand new, think I paid £60 for it and its a direct fit. Doesnt sound any different with normal driving and sounds great when you give it the beans.

Heard very good things about the GSR kit on the abarth, just dont have the funds to buy one brand new.

Thanks for your replies Guys its much appreciated. Its a shame that somebody decided to move my thread in here :confused:. I dont think it was entirely appropriate.

I have a powerflow single exit exhaust in my abarth and it is very good. It is just the back box, but it is very quiet in general and only makes a racket when you really give it some.

Ohh pics please.

Any back box is better than the standard one, which has got several chambers and therefore being bad news for performance.

On induction I don't want to reply because some people most likely get funny about and will either slate me or claim I am biased.

The car is a Schumacher so it still has the GP prodrive exhaust which i believe is better.
I didnt think that you sold a GSR for the Abarth any more, if you still do then could you PM me some before and after performance graphs please. I wasnt wholly impressed with the Induction Kit on my 1.6, there is no replacement for displacement as they say. I just want to do my research before doing anything, and i would certainly trust GSR more than anything else that i have seen available for the car.

Thanks for your replies Guys its much appreciated. Its a shame that somebody decided to move my thread in here :confused:. I dont think it was entirely appropriate.
This thread existed before with the same title so why didn't YOU post to it :confused: You should know the Search facilities of this site as much as anyone - and in any case there's masses of useful stuff in this thread and by posting to it you could help to keep that information 'alive'

You could have started a thread say "Schumacher - Performance Tuning" and I would have left it. :rolleyes:

Back