General Abarth on sale already?

Currently reading:
General Abarth on sale already?

yeah the clio is nice but to be honest still prefer the abarth as it looks lovely especially in white and will always stand out as people are like oh fiat always have problems but the build and performance of the abarth is outstanding as it has been built by one of the most legendary racing companies and i dont think they will put there reputation and build a shoddy car as they have such a good reputation for building quality and if your still not convinced just look at the old fiat 500 what an amazing little car it is and still will be in many years to come

i personally love it as it is economical and the insurance will still be cheap and if you really wanna play you just have to put your foot down and im sure it will go without a problem but on another note i go to alot of car shows with various clubs at santa pod and i would be more then proud in ripping it down the strip as you dont see many grande punto's down there when i have been and it will be even rarer when you roll up in a grande punto abarth and people looking in demise as it is different then all the other cars you see about and looks spectacular

and with regards to people saying oh 150bhp if the car wasnt meant to do it they wouldnt build it as there must be something special under the hood in order to achieve the 150bhp and more so the 180bhp i think we should just wait and see its not very long till it arrives in the uk and im sure it will be a big hit.

anyway as you can tell i will be getting one as i love abarth and the quality that they provide as no expence is spared im sure

well thats my opinion anyway

The Abarth is a brand resurrection for Fiat to boost possible flagging sales.

As quoted from 'industry news';

'IMPRESSIVE' has not been an adjective used in connection with Fiat for such a long time but it is a description which more than describes the importer's UK sales figures.
In March, the first full month of Grande Punto sales in the UK, a total of 5,600 nipped out of showrooms and they have been on a roll ever since.
Fiat sales overall, in May, showed a 79.71% increase over the same month in 2005 and for the first 5-months of this year, buoyant sales are over 57% up on where they were last year. In May, for the first time in ages, the Fiat name even appeared in a top ten best sellers list, coming in at number 8 in Scotland where nearly 350 Grande Puntos were sold

;)

i know what you are saying about the clio its very nice but i prefer i the abarth because 1.it will a rarer sight on our roads.2.as you will no doubt agree the gp is far better looking.who needs 200bhp or even 180bhp in a small car?ps i wont put any so called funny dots on this post:D

Completely agree it will be a rarer sight (for the wrong reasons?) and yes it does look very nice and like already mentioned a good deal at the dealers might persuade me to have one, possibly.

Nobody needs 200bhp in a small car, but people (including me) want that, Civic type r's sell thousands for that very reason. To be honest i'm getting bored fast of the 176bhp in my GP. Diesels are great but are not a fun drive.

But all in all the abarth is a very nice GP, I'll make my mind upwhen I test drive one.

Has everybody seen all the images that are on the press section of the abarth site. Looks a lovely looking car - I was going to buy either a T-Jet or M-Jet but I think I'm gonna hold off and see what these will be like when they finally come to the UK.

Has everybody seen all the images that are on the press section of the abarth site. Looks a lovely looking car - I was going to buy either a T-Jet or M-Jet but I think I'm gonna hold off and see what these will be like when they finally come to the UK.

At the risk of getting shouted at for telling you to buy something other than a fiat, this is my opinion;

You have said you don't mind holding onto the cooper for a bit so you obviously have no problems with owning a mini, you are also thinking of buying an abarth which for the 155bhp version will set you back at least 13.5K.

So why don't you take the 13k and trade your cooper in for a 220bhp John cooper works mini? A friend of mine had one and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. (y)

So why don't you take the 13k and trade your cooper in for a 220bhp John cooper works mini? A friend of mine had one and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. (y)

This could be an option. At the moment I'm starting my own business so money is a little too tight to mention but you never know what may happen give it 6 months or so.

i am sure you are making the correct dececision and choice just hold off to the spring.pointless buying a new car in the winter "up here in the west of scotland" anyhow.never stops raining :mad: fiat being fiat you might just get a discount.you nver know.if you dont ask you will never know will ya.(y)

how long we hoping before the parts for the abarth come on sale do you reckon?

how long we hoping before the parts for the abarth come on sale do you reckon?

they cant sell the car without the back up of the parts being in the country at the same time hence the warranty that comes with the car.i am sure you will be able to pre order a abarth soon if not right now if your daft enough to pay full list price for it and whatever extras you want with it:eek:

they cant sell the car without the back up of the parts being in the country at the same time hence the warranty that comes with the car.i am sure you will be able to pre order a abarth soon if not right now if your daft enough to pay full list price for it and whatever extras you want with it:eek:

Agreed,

I don't think I'd be shelling out that kind of money for the abarth, I could find something that is a year old that is also better quality, faster and probably better looking for that kind of price.

i think that it does look really good but can't see myself driving a white car if i could afford it so hopefully the abarth parts will start to come on sale on the net!!

lol i hope the parts are avaible earlier next year as i want somethin off the abarth. lol

Back