General Abarth Insurance! OUCH!!!!!!

Currently reading:
General Abarth Insurance! OUCH!!!!!!

The only thing you can do is shop around, an hour or two can save hundreds, so not a bad hourly rate

The nearer the renewal date, the more expensive it gets, they say and its very annoying.

They are full of excuses for the increase, mostly lame, so shop around

What an earth has happened to Abarth Insurance ? My insurance quote has trebled this year, from £ 200 to £600 the main blame being long waiting times for parts then that means longer car hire,. Can anyone recommend a good safe insurance Company? Churchill and Direct line being the same Company will not even insure Abarth 595 cars now!
Im with Cornhill Ins and they saved me a large amount with the thre Pandas (£1000) If with GEM breakdown you get a discount.

The only thing you can do is shop around, an hour or two can save hundreds, so not a bad hourly rate

The nearer the renewal date, the more expensive it gets, they say and its very annoying.

They are full of excuses for the increase, mostly lame, so shop around
Not mostly lame, completely lame at the moment. My house insurance fell on 5th Oct. My provider had raise dthe cost by £400 0r something blike 110%,
My respnse was to leave and save £500.

Im with Cornhill Ins and they saved me a large amount with the thre Pandas (£1000) If with GEM breakdown you get a discount.
Finished up with Saga at a fraction under £600 with 2000 miles per annum limited (Still hard to swallow) Gone from £200 last year Not sure if its due to the fact that I have only 1 year NCB as for the last 12 years I have only had classic car insurance on Mercedes and Astons & my 1972 500 Abarth, It’s annoying as in 55 years I have gone accident free (touch wood) which doesn’t give you a no claim bonus, but yes premiums are much lower on Classic Insurance. The highest quote was £6k. Yes £6000 for a Fiat 500They said with Range Rovers some Companies are not even quoting now. The only other factor is it pushed the premium up as my car is a standard 50th Anniversario 180 bhp.

Although I don’t like them, (they only support big farmers) we’ve been with the NFU for a while and they’ve consistently been the cheapest (after haggling at renewal)

My advice is to search for a good quote a month before renewal and register the quote, as if you go back ten minutes later their algorithm will have noticed an interest and jacked the price up.:mad:

Loyalty and a good record doesn't come into it.
I had a max. no claims bonus by 1982 on private vehicles, the insurance company started me off with zero no claims bonus on my Motor Trade Policy, when I retired with a clean No Claims Bonus nearly forty years later and went back to a Private Car Policy I was told Zero No Claims Bonus!

Finished up with Saga at a fraction under £600 with 2000 miles per annum limited (Still hard to swallow) Gone from £200 last year Not sure if its due to the fact that I have only 1 year NCB as for the last 12 years I have only had classic car insurance on Mercedes and Astons & my 1972 500 Abarth, It’s annoying as in 55 years I have gone accident free (touch wood) which doesn’t give you a no claim bonus, but yes premiums are much lower on Classic Insurance. The highest quote was £6k. Yes £6000 for a Fiat 500They said with Range Rovers some Companies are not even quoting now. The only other factor is it pushed the premium up as my car is a standard 50th Anniversario 180 bhp.
Wow. It may well be. We used to alternate myself and my wife on the one car when I had company cars so my NCB was maintained. They said it would be transferrable from the company car but I wouldnt trust any of them. The 'Which' insurer of the year was chrging my mother 3.5 times the going rate for her insurance when I found out and moved her somewhere else. and she had 55 years accident free too. As we get older we need to be vigilant against illegal aganst insurers. Or get soemone else to search for us. My wife used to work for the biggest central heating oil supplier in teh region, and they were at it too charging some old folk 3 times the standard rate for their fuel!!! She used to always say you should ring round and get quotes and try and push peole to do thisbut some of the old folk had been buting from this outfit for decades. She couldnt just tell them the facts in an open plan office.

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.

There is no such thing as LOYALTY with banks or insurance Companies, it’s all about ££££££££££££££ & what the algorithm says they can scam you off for.
Technology is supposed to have taken us into the 21st century but at a colossal cost in more ways than!
I agree. You used to be able to build a relationship and there was a little give and take, but its sadly gone for ever.

As soon as you get your renewal go on line and get quotes, save the quotes then ring
your insurers and tell them of the quotes and ask if they are prepared to re quote, you
may be surprised how much they are prepared to move.

Back