Technical Abarth 500 steering wheel and media controls with aftermarket radio?

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth 500 steering wheel and media controls with aftermarket radio?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

miksfiatpanda

I've been trying to find this everywhere with no luck. To anyone who has fitted a Abarth/Fiat 500 steering wheel into a panda or 100HP, have you managed to get the media controls to work with an aftermarket radio? Is it even possible? I have my panda wheel working with a sony head unit but I don't really want to buy an abarth wheel only to find out it wont't work as I need it to. Can anyone shed some more info?

This has discussions on the issue but it probably needs an adaptor or some wiring work.

Cheers, I've seen the video before but unfortunatly is of no help. I think I will end up biting the bullet and just buying a wheel and trying to wire it up myself.

in he comments he says no

"No, you will either need to repin the wires or get a control unit which interprets the controls to the radio"

and he's pretty Good at electronics as he spliced in a turbo ECU into the 100HP wiring loom.

Let me know what headunit you have and I'll see if it can be done.

I'm using a sony XAV-1000. It has the ability to map buttons. I tired today with a fiat 500 wheel and it only recognises 3 buttons. The +, - and the up arrow

I have a connects2 steering wheel control loom thingy that worked with my panda wheel buttons. Is that still applicable or should I get rid? Appiciate the help though!

You need to look at the pinout for the middle mini iso which is no longer connected (from memory the green one?)

Now using the diagram on the back of the original headunit find the earth, RC-A and RC-B; black is the earth and the red and white cables can be either of the RC-A or RC-B.

Just double check the orientation of the plug via the outline as it can be confusing (well it is for me)

Once you've fitted it all plug it in and map your buttons (y)

Attachments

• 20210204_183236.jpg
    20210204_183236.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_2021-02-04 Wes ( iow_panda_100hp) • Instagram photos and videos.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-04 Wes ( iow_panda_100hp) • Instagram photos and videos.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 84
Thank you very much! That's simpler than I thought, I'll get right on that.

Did you say you managed to get all/most of fiat 500 buttons to work with your radio. What radio do you use?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back