General A Very Strange Experience

Currently reading:
General A Very Strange Experience

Pandarus

Hey, I had a very strange experience on the one way system in Ipswich on the way home tonight. A complete stranger (but obviously an Italian car enthusiast) in a big K Reg Lancia was doing some very strange manoevres behind me to clock the car before pulling alongside to ask 'excuse me mate, would you consider selling your car?'. How weird was that?

If you are reading this Mr. fish dude (from earlier posts) - snap a good one up whilst you can!

Anyone else on the Forum had a similar experience?

Steven

Go on the Fiats!
Kermit had only 26,000 miles on him. It was the colour, every time I drove him I felt ill and when I stopped feeling ill I felt stupid!

OP
OP
Pandarus

Pandarus

Steve said:
Kermit had only 26,000 miles on him. It was the colour, every time I drove him I felt ill and when I stopped feeling ill I felt stupid!

That was one hell of a colour to be fair. Did you sell her locally - have you ever seen her since?

JimMagill

Northern Ireland
I nearly had it in Morocco with me!!!

I quite liked the colour. Was only Alan and Steve that couldn't live with the 'Mean Green' lol:D

Jim

Steven

Go on the Fiats!
I sold it to a lad from out the road. He was a youth worker and wanted a 2CV but couldn't afford one. He wanted, in his words, "something unusual and hip so the kids will think I'm cool". The poor chap was delusional. He gave me my asking price of 300 quid without lifting the bonnet or bargaining in any way... Strangest sale I ever made.

JimMagill

Northern Ireland
Strangest sale I ever had was this mad man who bought my Sisley off the net without even seeing it and paid the full asking price....

I wonder what ever happened to it:chin:

Jim

PandaManPaul

Owner of Gemma the Panda
I also had a very strange Panda experience recently.

My beloved Gemma is on my parent's drive waiting to be fixed. She's parked next to my Lupo and still looks in good nick as the only problem is the head gasket.

A cheeky wotsit rang the doorbell saying that he buys scrap cars and would he like me to take my Panda?!

Cheeky monkey!!!

Steven

Go on the Fiats!
Rumour has it that the car was in such poor condition that it was an unrecoverable wreck. The bullbars, roofrack, speakers, etc were part of the dea though and would have cost at least £175 to buy individually, so I couldn't have lost. Anyway, I made profit on the parts I sold when I broke it. :)

OP
OP
Pandarus

Pandarus

Steve said:
I sold it to a lad from out the road. He was a youth worker and wanted a 2CV but couldn't afford one. He wanted, in his words, "something unusual and hip so the kids will think I'm cool". The poor chap was delusional. He gave me my asking price of 300 quid without lifting the bonnet or bargaining in any way... Strangest sale I ever made.

Mind you, colour aside, that's a very reasonable price for a sound low miles motor.

JimMagill

Northern Ireland
Stuartl said:
Yes for anyone not up to speed so to speak.

STEVE SCRAPPED A 4X4 PANDA

I still say I could have fixed it.

Not that this is a sore point or anything......:p
(but he's making up for that with the 750, lol)

Jim