General A Very Strange Experience

Currently reading:
General A Very Strange Experience

Hey, I had a very strange experience on the one way system in Ipswich on the way home tonight. A complete stranger (but obviously an Italian car enthusiast) in a big K Reg Lancia was doing some very strange manoevres behind me to clock the car before pulling alongside to ask 'excuse me mate, would you consider selling your car?'. How weird was that?

If you are reading this Mr. fish dude (from earlier posts) - snap a good one up whilst you can!

Anyone else on the Forum had a similar experience?

I sold it to a lad from out the road. He was a youth worker and wanted a 2CV but couldn't afford one. He wanted, in his words, "something unusual and hip so the kids will think I'm cool". The poor chap was delusional. He gave me my asking price of 300 quid without lifting the bonnet or bargaining in any way... Strangest sale I ever made.

I also had a very strange Panda experience recently.

My beloved Gemma is on my parent's drive waiting to be fixed. She's parked next to my Lupo and still looks in good nick as the only problem is the head gasket.

A cheeky wotsit rang the doorbell saying that he buys scrap cars and would he like me to take my Panda?!

Cheeky monkey!!!

Steve said:
I sold it to a lad from out the road. He was a youth worker and wanted a 2CV but couldn't afford one. He wanted, in his words, "something unusual and hip so the kids will think I'm cool". The poor chap was delusional. He gave me my asking price of 300 quid without lifting the bonnet or bargaining in any way... Strangest sale I ever made.

Mind you, colour aside, that's a very reasonable price for a sound low miles motor.

Back