A gap in the range?

Currently reading:
A gap in the range?

oilrag

My wife likes her MK2 diesel Punto, but what would she replace it with?
The GP feels too big for her as she likes small cars, the Panda is the right size but the boot is too small, (she needs it for work to be a certain size.)

So theres nothing with a boot and car size similar to the MK 2 Punto in Fiats range. as the MK 2b doesnt have a diesel engine anymore.

So there you have it, the good old Mk2 diesel punto has its own niche which cannot be filled from within Fiats current range of cars.........

oversight or what?

I abslolutely agree with you. We have the same problem. Wife wants a new car, we've looked at the Panda which is a nice size but boot is non existant which would a problem getting the pushchair and shoping in the car together. Shame because I could let her buy a 100hp.

The GP she said was nice but felt a little large, much like my old Stilo. There is also the Idea which is being phased out so some good deals but I wasn't convinced it offered anything over the Gp and was less desirable.

There seems to be a trend towards smaller boots, her old saxo has a good size boot. She is now looking at the Honda Jazz.

this has been brought up more than once before. the supermini class is now so big it needs a name change, and there needs to be a new smaller sector, because there is obviously still a demand for smaller cars.

most of the superminis are now bigger than my bravo, which is backward.

i'd go for a swift. its been called the best in its class in several reports, and its a traditional size for its class, and is very well priced and specced. and it even looks nice! its the best choice.

Have you looked at the Fiat Idea?

Hi Steve, She says it feels too big and wants a mk2 Punto size in a `more modern` car. In other words, a new model Punto.....
( not the GP, she sees that as something else, a class above in size)
Mike

most of the superminis are now bigger than my bravo, which is backward.
i'd go for a swift. its been called the best in its class in several reports, and its a traditional size for its class, and is very well priced and specced. and it even looks nice! its the best choice.

I agree Jug, It seems as though the Punto name is going to be lost too as the GP is really something else isnt it?, a class in size above.
Fiat dealers very near, Suzuki about 15miles away..........

It seems to me as though the Panda (size) should really have been the new Punto, ( alongside the GP)but should have kept at least the same boot space.
A puzzle really why the interior space cant match the mk2 Punto, almost as though a boot doesn`t matter.

Have you looked at the Fiat Idea?

(y) :)

The Idea is built on the Punto 2 platform. You can put over 320 liters in the boot with the rear seats all the way back. The 70 HP diesel is a little lame for the size, weight and frontal area but the 90 HP version should work well. Now that the Meriva has a 125 HP diesel, isn't it time to offer a 130 HP version of the 1.9 Multijet and steering and suspension to match?

Back