General A Battering!

Currently reading:
General A Battering!

LoBsTeR

Brain freeze
My Stilo has taken a battering!

I decided to clean and polish my beauty this afternoon to protect it through the winter. As I applied the polish, I discovered a multitude of dents and scratches all around my vehicle that were not there the last time I gave it the once over about a year ago.

So much damage to what was a spotless example.

I park my Stilo at work every day at Stansted airport staff car park. I seems to me that people who park in this car park, open their doors into other peoples motors and sometimes walk through with cabin bags, rucksacks etc have little or no respect for other peoples property.

Makes me rage!!

If I witness this sort of disregard, I will be doing a stretch of at least 5 years for aggravated assault!

PHEW!......rant over.

My Stilo has taken a battering!

I decided to clean and polish my beauty this afternoon to protect it through the winter. As I applied the polish, I discovered a multitude of dents and scratches all around my vehicle that were not there the last time I gave it the once over about a year ago.

So much damage to what was a spotless example.

I park my Stilo at work every day at Stansted airport staff car park. I seems to me that people who park in this car park, open their doors into other peoples motors and sometimes walk through with cabin bags, rucksacks etc have little or no respect for other peoples property.

Makes me rage!!

If I witness this sort of disregard, I will be doing a stretch of at least 5 years for aggravated assault!

PHEW!......rant over.

Really winds me up this. Where i work (not meaning to be rude when saying this), there are us that work in the offices, and some of us have quite nice new pristine cars, and then those in the factory have quite oldish cars. We always try and park at the top off the car park if we work in the office to avoid mixing with the cars that arent so cared about (i.e. the battered cars of the factory staff).

I also try and avoid parking on the grassy surface at the bottom of the car park now, as the gardener decides every 3 months to come and cut the grass, and doesnt ask anyone to move there care. Hence there being 3 little chips taken out of the side of my car.

People that squeeze between your car carrying shopping bags/rucksack/even suitcases really wind me up as well :mad:

I try to park next to nice new cars as they tend to have more respect for their own vehicles. Doesn't seem to make any difference. My car still gets a battering.

I try to park next to nice new cars as they tend to have more respect for their own vehicles. Doesn't seem to make any difference. My car still gets a battering.

I watch out for family wagons. A 5 year old and a door does not mix :(.

I always try and find a nice newish car such as an audi, or park in out of the way spaces. Such as reversing with my passenger side flush to the wall, missing it by a few inches. That way there is a good gap between my passenger door and the car at the side.

Another trick i taught myself, and i do it now. Is that i take pics of car regplates on my phone just incase (y)

Not the correct way of going about it i know... but we have one way glass at work... well sort of... and i park just outside the workshop window..... so its always in view... saw a guy put a dent in my back wing with one of the back doors.... not massive but still it shouldnt of happened.... he then looked around hoping no-one noticed then locked up and strolled off...:devil::devil::devil: vengence is sweet... especially on an A6

lets just say his wouldn't come out with a dent puller....:D

yup maybe did lower me to his level... but if the muppit of a rep took a little bit of care with others property then all would be ok, most probably wasnt his car anyway..

Last edited:
Not the correct way of going about it i know... but we have one way glass at work... well sort of... and i park just outside the workshop window..... so its always in view... saw a guy put a dent in my back wing with one of the back doors.... not massive but still it shouldnt of happened.... he then looked around hoping no-one noticed then locked up and strolled off...:devil::devil::devil: vengence is sweet... especially on an A6

lets just say his wouldn't come out with a dent puller....:D

yup maybe did lower me to his level... but if the muppit of a rep took a little bit of care with others property the all would be ok, most probably wasnt his car anyway..

Like it :D, once i came out the swimming baths and was walking upto my car, to see the guy who had parked next to mine walk across and knock my wing mirror into the car, didnt damage it but it was the fact he did it :rolleyes:.

So i just had to do the same to his.

Hmmm, my dad works at Stansted airport, I'd say to keep an eye out on a Silver Grande Punto but I might as well tell you to look for a needle in a haystack!

I hate carparks, so I find the most random place possible where most people wouldn't park because it's so far away (even at work!). Annoys the passengers but it's more reassuring than parking near an entrance!

Silver Grande Punto? A very rare vehicle indeed ;)

Your family love their FIATs then?

i always play the 'park a million miles from the door' game. drives my family crazy!!!

Really winds me up this. Where i work (not meaning to be rude when saying this), there are us that work in the offices, and some of us have quite nice new pristine cars, and then those in the factory have quite oldish cars. We always try and park at the top off the car park if we work in the office to avoid mixing with the cars that arent so cared about (i.e. the battered cars of the factory staff).

I also try and avoid parking on the grassy surface at the bottom of the car park now, as the gardener decides every 3 months to come and cut the grass, and doesnt ask anyone to move there care. Hence there being 3 little chips taken out of the side of my car.

People that squeeze between your car carrying shopping bags/rucksack/even suitcases really wind me up as well :mad:

i think you should make your staff park on the street.
the cheek of them actually parking in the car park!

We all got to park in the car park in the end :D

But we had to bunch the cars together, so i left mine by the side of the wall where it was safest as there is only room for 1 car there, so it was away from all the closey parked door dings (y)

My passenger side wing mirror was about 1 inch from the wall :eek:

ive a few wee dings in my beauty but i noticed a big one today, hard not yo miss it whether the light is on it or not.
i have to park my car down in the reputable "holylands" of belfast. a student central constantly on the news with some of the tightest roads about with cars parked on both sides and drunk students walkin through everi nite
i fear for my car as i park it down in there, but i make a point of goin up slightly earli in sunday to park it rite uder my bedroom window
problem is that i cant always watch it as this big dent in my bonnet os probably cos of that, some fat git has prob sat on my car or god knows wat hapend to it. i want a new bonnet, being a perfectionist is a disease, lol. and if i had the money i'd get one. bt for now im going to have to live with it
im a glazier by trade so might try using some suction cups 2 try and make it less worse
phew rant over, lol

Silver Grande Punto? A very rare vehicle indeed ;)

Your family love their FIATs then?

Ok maybe not a needle in a haystack, but hardly sticks out like a Yellow Stilo :D

They do the job, look better than most cars in their competition! bro is now part of the Type R crowd though...

People are idiots I came back to my stilo a while back after doing some shopping with my girlfriend to find some little chav and his misses having a chat while he was leaning on my wing eating a burger. I thought as i was with my girl friend to avoid confrontation i'd blip the central locking and maybe he would move on, cheeky little ****er just sat there. Can't remember what i shouted at him but it must have worked he jumped out of his skin, said sorry and looked terrified hee hee. :D

I had some fat guy decided it would be a good idea to sit on the rear of my stilo at santa pod whilst i was in the queue the other day, think he was wearing something with a metal button on back as there is a scratch there that wasnt there before :rolleyes:

guess i wont know how bad it is till i clean it though.

I accidentally reversed into my parents car as well the other night at 1mph which has pushed a slight little hole into my rear bumper - which luckily isnt very visible :rolleyes:

I think someone has sat on my bonnet, in certain light you can see a crease! Bit annoying that.

Man, self inflicted low speed damage? Maybe I shouldn't admit to this. I was parking in my cousin's drive, it's quite big but the entrance is really narrow. Anyway, after a bit of squeezing in, going forward to make room etc etc, I was a bit close to the wall. All I needed to do was put the car on full lock to the left and reverse it in. What do I do? Look back, engage biting point...forgot to put it in reverse! :cry:

Cousin's brick wall 1 - 0 Stilo passenger front wheel arch

Damage isn't too bad, but it's just the stupidity of it!

Makes me want to cry. Just to think, in 20 years time, there will be so few of our proud cars left and we are battling dents now!!

The future collectors will turn in their graves.

Back