99 performance tips for windows XP

Currently reading:
99 performance tips for windows XP

I found my new laptop was running poor as anything, so I uninstalled all the shte, backed up, reinstalled windows (with CD) its XP pro edi, and then reinstalled a few key programs (Some were still on and still working as they should!).

And now it runs as quick as it was when new, despite my HD (80g) having 2.9gb left!!! It access's stuff instantly, only thing I have lost is my graphics card drivers (ati x800 mobile, which I think means like a desktop x800 but with half the pipes/capacity/memory or something, runs HL2, CSS, BOS well) and ati don't have ones that will work, they say they are compatible with the x800 but when I download then install they don't work!

serin said:
i was taught at school :confused:

dunno about you :p
I went to school when you had to think for yourself, not get a computer to do it for you! :p (y)
Besides, when I was at school, Windows for Workgroups 3.11 was the latest and (according to Microsoft) greatest.
H

Sadly it seems ebay is taking over Beau.. bit by bit. And i pitty this.. So in a last attempt i have written afew things for him to look out for in his own behaviour. You may notice some of these are present.

--
Sitting on the floor of your empty apartment, you stare at your fingers and wonder whether they'll sell better individually or as a matched set.

you find yourself searching eBay auctions for milk, eggs and bread.

You set your alarm clock for 3 am so you can log on to protect your bid.

You've changed all your clocks to "eBay official time.

You've earned a "Shooting Star" Feedback Profile for more than 10,000 purchases

You won't go to estate auctions because they don't take PayPal

Get well soon.

softwarez said:
Sadly it seems ebay is taking over Beau.. bit by bit. And i pitty this.. So in a last attempt i have written afew things for him to look out for in his own behaviour. You may notice some of these are present.

--
Sitting on the floor of your empty apartment, you stare at your fingers and wonder whether they'll sell better individually or as a matched set.

you find yourself searching eBay auctions for milk, eggs and bread.

You set your alarm clock for 3 am so you can log on to protect your bid.

You've changed all your clocks to "eBay official time.

You've earned a "Shooting Star" Feedback Profile for more than 10,000 purchases

You won't go to estate auctions because they don't take PayPal

Get well soon.

Outstanding post! ROFLMFAO!

Liam

Back