Tuning 866 cams rare as rocking horse...

Currently reading:
Tuning 866 cams rare as rocking horse...

I saw a non-runner, very tatty P75 on ebay for £80, obviously no MOT or TAX but if you'd just wanted it for the cam it'd would've been a bargain. Get the cam and scrap the rest or break it for any decent parts, could've possibly made a profit on it ;)

I saw a non-runner, very tatty P75 on ebay for £80, obviously no MOT or TAX but if you'd just wanted it for the cam it'd would've been a bargain. Get the cam and scrap the rest or break it for any decent parts, could've possibly made a profit on it ;)

Was that there recently? Do the P75's have another name? I've tried searching Punto P75 on ebay a few times but not a lot comes up.

i would tend to just search for punto and then apply filter by year.. ads will often not say and you just have you use a keen eye to spot whether its a 55/60/75/85/90 from the pics.

but alot of punto 75 are elx spec so you could try a search for punto elx - but really there is never many mk1 so just all cars 1999 and before and you won't have many to trawl through

Was that there recently? Do the P75's have another name? I've tried searching Punto P75 on ebay a few times but not a lot comes up.

i would tend to just search for punto and then apply filter by year.. ads will often not say and you just have you use a keen eye to spot whether its a 55/60/75/85/90 from the pics.

but alot of punto 75 are elx spec so you could try a search for punto elx - but really there is never many mk1 so just all cars 1999 and before and you won't have many to trawl through

:yeahthat:

Not many people list them as P75's because they aren't officially called a P75 really. If one is listed as a P75 its usually because the owner knows what it is and therefore wants more money.
As Blu said, I searched ebay for just Fiat Punto and then filter by year 1993-1999. There aren't ever loads on there so wont take long to go through the list, many are the 1.1 55 or the normal P60 1.2.
The 75's will usually have a 75 badge on the wing need the side repeater.

What is the difference in lift and duration between a standard p60 or cinq 55 cam and an 866. I've had a quick search, but not found any figures.

Cheers blue, I thought you might know.

Duration is a lot different.
Seems odd that fiat got it right with the 866, yet fitted it to so few cars.

Has anyone had there own cam re profiled, if you end up paying £80+ for an 866 with starship enterprise mileage on it, surely it's more cost effective to have you're own cam welded and ground.

If the engineering shop is any good, they should be able to set the cam up how you want it, or at least match the swaitek.

Back