General 750 Mot

Currently reading:
General 750 Mot

Not much more to report, is totally tipping down here so just went out and did a bit more in the way of PlusGas to the headlight nuts on both cars.

Got to go down an see Obi Wan (Stu) tomorrow so after that I'll be tackling the job.

I'll keep you posted on the gripping subject!

Jim

Sorry I got distracted playing Battlefield 2 for a while there. Keep meaning to buy it so I can go on line. Apparantly it's excellent on line. I think we should all but it, go on together, call ourselves the Panda squad and sort all the baddies out. :D

Pandarus said:
I agree, the 'I wonder if I will I actually get there' approach is so much more entertaining...
I think the term is "traveller"... a fine concept for people without anything better to do... that "it'll be an adventure!..." get old really quickly

So Jim takes on the 750 in full contact headlamp wrestling!

So much for the PlusGas as the nuts loosened but then either stripped themselves (bad:cry: ) or snapped off (good:D )

28032006.jpg

So after seriously loosing it with the bloody thing we went for the old 'brute force and ignorance' (as practiced by Obi Wan Stu... If it annoys you, use the force and hit it with everything you've got!:D )

28032006_002_.jpg

Think there was enough metal left to hold a light.....:eek:

28032006_001_.jpg

When I'd laid the selecta up I sprayed as much of it with wd40 to keep the components good so it meant it was a 5 minute job to get the lamp off! Had a talk with Stu today about what we're going to do with it when we're finished with it and we're thinking of something a bit mad, but America comes first thou so don't hold your breath....

28032006_003_.jpg

Jim Win's the against the 750 by TKO!!:slayer:

Jim

I nearly didn't get it done as I'd not got a tool that fitted in there and Stu is just funny about me using his:(

East Antrim Motor Factors came up trumps with that little 6 inch shaft type thing that was a real snug fit....

Jim

e505jpy said:
I nearly didn't get it done as I'd not got a tool that fitted in there and Stu is just funny about me using his:(

East Antrim Motor Factors came up trumps with that little 6 inch shaft type thing that was a real snug fit....

Jim

jim wins the award for the dodgiest sounding post of the day :D

Back