General 750 Mot

Currently reading:
General 750 Mot

Purchase price - £205
Flights - £35 (you can fly 100's of miles for this)
Taxi to Lloyds - £21 (but in a taxi you get 10 mile for that!)
2 tanks of Fuel - £42
Ferry - £110
MOT - £40
Repairs - £12 (plus a tenner to Jaunty for checking the co2)
Tax - £110
-----------------------
Total £533

Look on my face when it's taxed and MOT'd? - £ PRICELESS

For everything else in life - MASTERCARD

Jim

Steve said:
I'll give you a generous part-ex deal on a nice little Seicento Jim. ;)

We'll see if it breaks down by the end of the week! LOL

After fiddling with all that complicated plumbing (it's one fuel line and one bolt to hold on the regulator for feck's sake!) on sylvia I taxed the car and then gave it a service and drained the gearbox oil and put in some non EP 80w stuff with some slick50.

Tis running so much better now and 3rd is more of a hit than a miss on most changes.

Just never got round to the plugs so that's for another day. Can anybody remember what the Bosch ones are? There here somewhere in the forum....

Alan called round after work just in time to take a snap of me pouring expensive gearbox oil all over my dad's expensive brick drive:eek:

DSC000111.JPG

Jim

I see you have got the standard grey/blue screen wash in there Jim... you need some of the stuff they used for mine... whatever it was. bosch... i'd avoid that stuff ... fuel filters leak like hell ;)

I'm sorry Tony, but I just don't do pink gay screen wash! It just clashes with the type of red nail varish I use:p

I acutally thought someone might of pointed out

"why the feck are you using 40 quid oil in a 200 pound car???"

It was my little moment of madness.... hehe!

Jim

Alan.D said:
Jim using the most expensive oil isn't always a good idea as mobil 1 has a very thin viscosity believe it's 5-40 or 0-40 which is a bit thin for the panda :eek: sorry.
Jim put a couple of tablespoons of flour or potato starch in the top of the engine block... that should thicken it a bit.

Alan.D said:
Jim using the most expensive oil isn't always a good idea as mobil 1 has a very thin viscosity believe it's 5-40 or 0-40 which is a bit thin for the panda :eek: sorry.

Why would you say that? It's not as if the 750 got pushrods or other such antiquated devices of the Spanish Inquisition. Its a modern engine that is still in production?:confused:

Jim

I don't mean it's antiquated but Mobil 1 is normally used for performance cars that produce very high heat and need a thinner oil as a result esp on start up. The 750 although a modern engine as such doesn't need it & requires a slightly thicker oil which is recommended.

I'm not an oil expert Jim but know the Fire uses 15-40/50 and have been told about using mobil 1 in normal engines in the past, but can't remember the full in's & out's of the conversation.

Back