55 Reg Grande Punto Rear Light Cluster

Currently reading:
55 Reg Grande Punto Rear Light Cluster

BroodingHat

Hi everyone,

New to the forums but I was told to check out a problem I had with all you lovely people :).

I have had my Grande Punto for a few years now with small costing fixes & large costing fixes (Electric power steering pump :'()

I have had a niggling issue with my rear passenger side cluster for a long time, and from time to time as usual it appears to fix itself but it continually comes back.

Essentially there is a lot of corrosion on the female & male plugs which are on the car & the cluster itself, i have had a new cluster fitted and the issue keeps occurring.

Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem and what the possible fixes are?

I have tried removing the corrosion, but scraping it, using a lubricant & also my dad tried using a nail file in case that might be a little more accurate.

I will also add some photos to show what I am talking about.

This effects my break lights & indicator only on the left and i have checked the fuses and everything is fine apart from the 2 sockets.

Let me know if you can think of anything or if the part needs swapping out?

Also if this is something that will need to be done by a dealership or a good garage.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Attachments

• IMAG0687.jpg
    IMAG0687.jpg
    806.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0688.jpg
    IMAG0688.jpg
    865.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hi Varesecrazy,

Awesome, i had a look through but could find too much info on this.

I will have a look through, i have tried cleaning it up but to no joy. I will have a look through to see if there is anything more.

Thanks again for the help!

Hi Varesecrazy,

Awesome, i had a look through but could find too much info on this.

I will have a look through, i have tried cleaning it up but to no joy. I will have a look through to see if there is anything more.

Thanks again for the help!

check the links + do a SEARCH,
failing that get a section of loom + clip from a breaker, and replace your dodgy one,

Charlie

Back