Fiat Punto 188 (2010) custom lights

Currently reading:
Fiat Punto 188 (2010) custom lights

Timofey G

Hi guys, I have a Fiat Punto 188, and i was trying to keep it in original shape all the time, but after a long time, decided to add some spice to its look, so maybe few of you did some custom detailing to a front, or at least rear lights, coz I’m good at electricity and my hand r straight, but I have no idea how to make led custom lights, so maybe some of u have blue paper or at least some ideas, would be nice if u will give a peace of advice)

I'm not sure what you're asking, Are you planning to hand make some custom tail lights?

Three parts to this.
1. fabrication of the light cluster itself, you could probably 3D print something if you have a big enough printer and you're handy in CAD, you would need to be able to replicate the two sides exactly as any difference would be obvious when lit up.

2. The LEDs you use would need to be carefully selected to make sure they give enough light output for what you want. For example the brake lights need to be much brighter than the normal tail lights, as do the fog lights and the indicators. they would also need to keep their colour, some cheap but bright LEDS might look red up close but as you move away the colour might get washed out. and look nearly white or just not red enough.

3. The wiring is very easy. The more complicated part is that the LEDs would either need to be 12V or have matched resistors to stop them burning out. you would also need to have some sort of low ohms resistors shorted between live and ground, to make sure that enough current was being used to keep the bulb failure unit from thinking the tail lights are blown.
You'll need your calculator and a good grasp of ohms law.

I'm not sure what you're asking, Are you planning to hand make some custom tail lights?

Three parts to this.
1. fabrication of the light cluster itself, you could probably 3D print something if you have a big enough printer and you're handy in CAD, you would need to be able to replicate the two sides exactly as any difference would be obvious when lit up.

2. The LEDs you use would need to be carefully selected to make sure they give enough light output for what you want. For example the brake lights need to be much brighter than the normal tail lights, as do the fog lights and the indicators. they would also need to keep their colour, some cheap but bright LEDS might look red up close but as you move away the colour might get washed out. and look nearly white or just not red enough.

3. The wiring is very easy. The more complicated part is that the LEDs would either need to be 12V or have matched resistors to stop them burning out. you would also need to have some sort of low ohms resistors shorted between live and ground, to make sure that enough current was being used to keep the bulb failure unit from thinking the tail lights are blown.
You'll need your calculator and a good grasp of ohms law.
Yep, thx, kinda an answer, I’m pretty good as building something, but I think my knowledge in Autocad or similar left in the University😅, that’s why I wonder if anyone crazy enough have builded similar and would kindly share an model or circuit, etc.

Ofc I can ask some company to do, that’s the other option, but do u know some who can do it right, coz V-land and so is not an option, they won’t do it for such model of a car)

Back