General 500X Keyless Entry Problem

Currently reading:
General 500X Keyless Entry Problem

Re: 500X Keyless Entry Problem Update !

Hi, it's very annoying isn't it?!! I never had Uconnect Live telling me to take to a dealer! I managed to turn the keyless entry off by going into Uconnect settings, scrolled to Doors/locks (or something like that ) and then switched the passive entry toggle to off. At least then I could use the key fob to remotely open/close car.
Also, maybe disconnect the electrical connector for the front door handles one at a time to see if that makes any difference . You may have a faulty door handle that is sending the system bonkers! Worth a try, if you have time to do it . Hope this helps. John

Also having issues!!
Started last week. Have wiped handles etc! Took to my local garage but none the wiser!?
On the voltmeter in the car - it says battery is between 14-16volts but not sure how accurate!
Alan47 also said when he was on here battery condition is often a factor.
Its out of warranty-how do i disconnect the keyless system! Uconnect Live is telling me ti take ti a main dealer??

Changing the battery made all of my weird warning lights go away. The voltmeter in the dash still showed 14-16 volts when the battery was virtually dead. I can only suggest you use an external voltmeter, the AA, Halfords or local dealer to properly check your battery before looking at any other possibilities.

Changing the battery made all of my weird warning lights go away. The voltmeter in the dash still showed 14-16 volts when the battery was virtually dead. I can only suggest you use an external voltmeter, the AA, Halfords or local dealer to properly check your battery before looking at any other possibilities.

Just had a call from local Fiat garage- battery voltage is fine!
What was faulty was the actual Start Button, which not only starts the car - but also sends a signal to a transponder in the boot area which works the keyless system!! So it could have packed up altogether and would have been left stranded!
It’s faulty and has been replaced and error has now cleared apparently!
Its @£80-00 for the part but excluding labour!
If its the transponder then thats @ £800-00 for the part excluding labour!
Hope that doesn’t go wrong for anyone! ?!Trouble with modern cars they have so many gizmos / computers when warrantee expires -it can be expensive to repair!
My car is 4 1/2 yrs old!
Fiats warranty was 2yrs+1extra year at the time it fame out in the U.K.
Not sure if they have caught up with Korea/Japan?!? 5 + years most of them seem ti offer.
I have had manufactures extended warranty’s (after original has expired), on Skoda’s Fiats before but tbh it’s wasn’t worth the paper/computer they were written on - so many clauses etc-but thats another debate!!

Fiats warranty was 2yrs+1extra year at the time it fame out in the U.K.
Not sure if they have caught up with Korea/Japan?!? 5 + years most of them seem ti offer.
I have had manufactures extended warranty’s (after original has expired), on Skoda’s Fiats before but tbh it’s wasn’t worth the paper/computer they were written on - so many clauses etc-but thats another debate!!

Hope you get it sorted cheaply and quickly. Having read the small print of my new car's 7 year waranty there a number of items not covered by the full 7 year warranty, and the Ts and Cs need to be read very carefully if one intends getting it serviced anywhere other than a dealership. At least with the 2+1 warranty that Fiat had to offer they honoured every claim.

Hope you get it sorted cheaply and quickly. Having read the small print of my new car's 7 year waranty there a number of items not covered by the full 7 year warranty, and the Ts and Cs need to be read very carefully if one intends getting it serviced anywhere other than a dealership. At least with the 2+1 warranty that Fiat had to offer they honoured every claim.

Hi Alan yep should be back next week! Not as expensive as I first thought or feared! Its swings & roundabouts with warranty’s! Read the small-print is a must!

Hi Alan yep should be back next week! Not as expensive as I first thought or feared! Its swings & roundabouts with warranty’s! Read the small-print is a must!

Good to hear, and yes, warranties can be good but always read the Ts and Cs, nothing is for nothing.

Yes, usually things like the infotainment system are only covered for 3 years, 12V battery for 2 years etc. I was surprised to find that my Hyundai's clutch is covered for 2 years, they are normally "wear and tear".

Yes, usually things like the infotainment system are only covered for 3 years, 12V battery for 2 years etc. I was surprised to find that my Hyundai's clutch is covered for 2 years, they are normally "wear and tear".

I don't think any manufacturers will cover the clutch for any wear even after 100miles
Unless something else was faulty to cause the wear such as leaking crank seal causing slip

Just checked my Hyundai warranty book. It has a table of "Limited Warranty" parts that are excluded from the 5 year unlimited mileage warranty, and lists the time/mileage they are covered for. Examples are Clutch Disc - 24 months/60,000 miles, Brake Friction Linings - 24 months/20,000 miles, V-belts - 24 months/Unlimited mileage. The shortest period is for Air Con Regas (no defect evident) - 6 months/10,000 miles.
Sorry to have drifted off topic, would be interesting to have a general discussion thread on warranty cover. I'd wager the "quality" Germans warranties are nothing like as comprehensive.

Back