Technical 500l 2014 duologic no gears engaging

Currently reading:
Technical 500l 2014 duologic no gears engaging

2010rachel29

Hi hopeing for some help

Transmission light was on then parked car went to drive warning light went off but now no gears engaging. Had been driving fine no jumping no smell. Checked liquid level and is fine.

What else can I check before giving up and sending to garage?

Yes pump seems to be making noise when opening door, think break lights are working fine but will double check this although breaks are definitely released as did roll back a little and had to put remove hand break to push fully back in to parking bay.

Disconnected battery for a while as had read this can also some times reset to at least get it moving to get to garage but this also did not work.

To make matters worse is now stuck par d in a multi story parking so is even going to be a bit of effort to get it towed.

For got to add also am in country that does not sell Fiat duologic cars so am worried about taken to other than fiat garage as not sure they will have warranty experiance with this system.

Sorry forgot to mention if has any bearing that the reserving lights is out. Also start stop not working but has been like that for while even though checked battery.

Mostly am second owner is around 50000 miles had it since 2017 this is the only issue have had up to now. Other than bulbs and breakpads nothing else has been replaced or changed and has yearly service. Although the last 2 have not been with Fiat garage and just general.

Am a bit worried on how long is going to take as have been waiting 2 days since they said was clutch and they still do not have a quote for cost and are trying to source items quicker due to backorder on items.

Car been at garage since Tuesday took till Thursday morning to take a look and decide it was clutch after me phoning to check if anything had been done.Told would get back to me with quote for parts and work contacted them Thursday before closing was not ready parts needed to be back ordered so we're looking at way to get them quicker still as of this moment in time no quote. Husband was passing and popped in advised no quote and no time frame of when it is going to be done.

This is a fiat garage.

Had got some quotes from UK to know roughly what a reasonable figure and how long should take so as not to be totally over quoted.

Hi. I have the same problem. Did you get a new clutch and did it fix it. If so how much was it. Thanks very much. Derek

Back