Technical 500 acutator problems

Currently reading:
Technical 500 acutator problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojan62

hi all,
ive recently been having problems with my fiat 500 just going into neutral, even tho the gearstick is in auto mode, very dangerous. the car just stopped with no way of selecting auto again. the first time this happend it lasted about 10 minutes before i could get going again. The next day it went again, took 25 minutes.
booked the car to fiat in st albans uk. got it back next day and they said they have upgraded the software, whatever that is supposed to mean.
went on me again a couple of days later. booked it in again and as i was taking it there it went on me again, 45 minutes this time.
after the weekend i got it back and they said they have fitted a new actutator.
been running it for the week and everything seems ok.

what id like to know is what does the acutator actually do and will my car be ok now in the long run, also what the hell`s a software update.

any info would be appreciatted,,,thanks...

The gear box in the car is actually a manual gearbox but with a little robot that control's and moves the gear selector
The actuator ise the part the moves the selector if i remember correctly faults with the system are sadly far too common a search of the forum will show this

We have a whole thread specifically dedicated to this topic. You'll get some idea of just how common this issue is when I tell you that this thread is never far from the first page (which at least means I can find it easily when I need to, which sadly is quite often (n)).

I've moved your posts across - please continue the discussion here.

This thread is now closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back