Panda (Classic) 4x4 Trailer

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) 4x4 Trailer

Luckily for us both the weather was good enough allowing me to work with the grinder outside.

Now Andyholli does have two garden sculptures.
IMG_22171.JPG

And the new one:
IMG_22191.JPG

Thanks to Andyholli I can use the floor front corners, inner and outer sills and on my cars.
IMG_2216.JPG

I can see a new thread here;

"Cars that appear purpose built to accommodate parts of a Panda"
1. Jacob's Nissan's rear suspension turrets = an entire Panda floor.
2. E39 BMW Touring = Panda door
3. ...

Anyway. The courteous thanks above should be directed to Aquamarine not me, for it is his shell we are up-cycling. Great work team.

Cars that appear purpose built to accommodate parts of a Panda:
  3. Mk2 Punto: took two Panda doors (which fit absolutely perfectly, with the back seats down); four 127 wheels (with tyres); a headlamp grille; and a lot of other bits and bobs that I can't remember. :D

Last edited:
  3. Mk2 Punto: took two Panda doors (which fit absolutely perfectly, with the back seats down); four 127 wheels (with tyres); a headlamp grille; and a lot of other bits and bobs that I can't remember. :D

What about a BigHorn :D

4. Fiat Coupe = a complete Mk1 Panda interior! Yes honestly :worship:
  5. Fiat 127 = 2 Panda doors, 1 Panda tailgate, several boxes of Panda parts.

6. Mondeo Estate = 10 Panda wheels inc. 4 alloys all with tyres

7. A Mk2 FIAT Panda -- especially one with a hammock rear seat (i.e. Mk1-style 750L): it always amazes me how much you can get in there -- including a pair of front seats and three sets of roof-bars...! :cool:

7. A Mk2 FIAT Panda -- especially one with a hammock rear seat (i.e. Mk1-style 750L): it always amazes me how much you can get in there -- including a pair of front seats and three sets of roof-bars...! :cool:

I had a full set of Alfa seats, mk2 bumper and a bonnet in the back of the mk3 without taking the seats out.

I had an engine, exhaust system, alloys, steelie and boxes of other bits in Fizzle though without the back seat in - wonder if that's what knackered the tailing arms?

It was warm at the weekend so I got the Waxoyl out. So easy to do when 'car' can be turned in all directions to allow flow onto all the box section insides.
20140526_210422.jpg

And while looking at the underside, I had a thought:

The space where the fuel tank was, would be ideal for a leisure battery.
Then I had another thought:
The same space on the other side would take a second.
Then I had another thought: (And this is where it starts to get dodgy and in hindsight I ought to have stopped thinking and had a cup of tea instead.)
Motorbike chain and sprocket set onto diff, with close coupled electric motor..
..Giving hybrid drive silent Panda running (exempt from congestion charges?) or 6x6 off road capability!
Then I had another thought (but was getting quite tired by now):
Adding a steerable jockey wheel to the front of the trailer would also offer a three wheeler electric buggy alternative.

Too daft?
Or irresistible?

Anyone breaking a mobility scooter?

20140526_210422.jpg

And while looking at the underside, I had a thought:

The space where the fuel tank was, would be ideal for a leisure battery.
Then I had another thought:
The same space on the other side would take a second.
Then I had another thought: (And this is where it starts to get dodgy and in hindsight I ought to have stopped thinking and had a cup of tea instead.)
Motorbike chain and sprocket set onto diff, with close coupled electric motor..
..Giving hybrid drive silent Panda running (exempt from congestion charges?) or 6x6 off road capability!
Then I had another thought (but was getting quite tired by now):
Adding a steerable jockey wheel to the front of the trailer would also offer a three wheeler electric buggy alternative.

Too daft?
Or irresistible?

Anyone breaking a mobility scooter?

Dont tempt me....

you had me interested at leisure battery. then it just got better the more i read.

think i would have gone with a nice DC motor... brushed type.. just dont forget to carry spares.

oh the possibilities...

I'm semi serious John and had forgotten about your electronics skills. Would you act as a consultant on the sparky bits please?

1st questions:-
Where do I get a suitable (brushless, naturally) motor and something to control it with?
Cheers.

Back