Panda (Classic) 4x4 Trailer

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) 4x4 Trailer

As the late Douglas Adams once said, "I like deadlines. - I like the noise they make as they rush past." -or something like that.

So - can the Snatch Camping 4x4 Trailer Pod be done in a week - to go and spectate on the first stage of the Tour Du Yorkshire..?

Probably not, but let's give it a go anyway.

More head scratching and the first sawdust creation today saw us with half a floor in:

20140629_191808.jpg

Can someone sleep in this on a Yorkshire hillside on Friday night...?

We made it, by the skin of our teeth.
20140705_064824.jpg

Veterans of AndyPanda4x4's last organised event will recognise the camp site as SemerWater, and we used the same green lane to get to the Grand Depart road side.
20140705_095913-1.jpg

The first guests arose this morning declaring it among the best nights sleep they had ever had!
20140705_065122.jpg

..this weekend.
Thanks to Andy and David for support, advice and bits.(y)

You're right MEP, the light board was only because we had run out of minutes. - All done now (like Chris Froome..?) , apart from the reversing light.
Now deeply stuck into partial door reconstruction and suspect this bit could be the trickiest bit of the design/build, getting two sets of weather seals to meet, and work effectively.
20140708_165020.jpg

..Engaging though. ��

Cheers Andy,
Door bottoms were cut out and replaced with new/old Panda door skin with grey paint on.
I'm becoming obsessive over door gaps looking factory, so they should look accurate ish and we'll keep the seals too.
You might agree from your professional life, that the details can make a big difference to the finished result.
But they do take a lot of time to achieve.
Sadly this project has just lost an entire weekend to guinea pig housing developments.
Hope to be back to it this week.��

Cheers Andy,
Door bottoms were cut out and replaced with new/old Panda door skin with grey paint on.
I'm becoming obsessive over door gaps looking factory, so they should look accurate ish and we'll keep the seals too.
You might agree from your professional life, that the details can make a big difference to the finished result.
But they do take a lot of time to achieve.
Sadly this project has just lost an entire weekend to guinea pig housing developments.
Hope to be back to it this week.?

Well it's looking good from here! Although you haven't the detail from my "professional life" yet...

oh sorry, I meant...

...That's the one I'm most proud of anyway :)

Well it's looking good from here! Although you haven't the detail from my "professional life" yet...

oh sorry, I meant...

...That's the one I'm most proud of anyway :)

I like it!
From the chimneys and window sizes, this was a conversion not new build? And therefore automatically more interesting.
Details are there to enjoy too, but it looks like a big job.
Did it feel creatively fulfilling, or more like a hard slog?

Hats off to you sir.:worship:

I like it!
From the chimneys and window sizes, this was a conversion not new build? And therefore automatically more interesting.
Details are there to enjoy too, but it looks like a big job.
Did it feel creatively fulfilling, or more like a hard slog?

Hats off to you sir.:worship:

I'm glad you are a fan :) It was a 100% new build, due to the area in which it stands the specifics that you have mentioned were a requirement from the planners. Jobs like this are always a pleasure, even if sometimes it's a b*stard to get to the finished product. The results of my work are set in stone for the rest of my life, always there to remember the ride!

I'm glad you are a fan :) It was a 100% new build, due to the area in which it stands the specifics that you have mentioned were a requirement from the planners. Jobs like this are always a pleasure, even if sometimes it's a b*stard to get to the finished product. The results of my work are set in stone for the rest of my life, always there to remember the ride!
That's a damn fine 2 storey panda garage ! :)

We could do with some of this near us. Puts all those little boxes made of ticky-tacky to shame. I salute you.... :worship:

Back