3 phase

Currently reading:
3 phase

We've got two different boxes, one with all the out buildings and garages with an RCD, and the rest on one without an RCD:confused:

I know RCD means Residential Circuit Braker :D:p

So how comes both boxes haven't got an RCD bit on them? Surly it would be safer?

Residual :rolleyes:

the RCD is a good thing in instances such as outdoors however they can be too sensitive in the early days of introduction of RCD's where the whole house was covered if a light bulb blew the change is electron flow between live and neutral would black the whole house out leading to the risk of you falling down stairs for example,

most rewires/ new installations install what is refered to as a Split load Board

Half the distribution board is then used for the lighting and the RCD side for sockets

You have to be aware that the RCD is no substitute for a MCB (miniature circuit breaker) or a fuse as the RCD only senses a fluctuation between L and N but will not trip if the circuit is overloaded...

nope (y) + proven by them power leads what can be plugged in either way. (and amaerican 2 pin plugs which can go in any way around)
lindy_30059.jpg

munkul I think 3P is actualy 380volt. I do remembr something about 380. but also 410. maybe the voltage peaks at 410 :chin:

that's because appliances that use these have a rectifier

ps. ive got 3ph mains:nerner::nerner::nerner:

also touching the earth (neutral) wire wont electrocute you at all it's earth it's coveted to what your standing on even if you touch it wile the circuit is in operation providing it's a good circuit to earth

i done it before trust me

i also once used a rather dodgy test meter once with short leads to measure some electricity in my house as the leads wouldnt reach a god earth i used myself as test lead but it didn't have such a good resister in it and it measured 200v wile i got a small shock so that means i got a 40v shock rite as 40 was lost across my torso lol

but seriously peeps house electric hurts allot don't play

Last edited:
Back