24v to 12v step down advice needed

Currently reading:
24v to 12v step down advice needed

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I need to fit new lights to a mobility scooter its 24v the diameter of the hole to fit lights is 55mm only lights i can find to fit are 12v would these hbe all i need to step down the voltage https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10X-LM2596-DC-DC-buck-adjustable-step-down-Power-Supply-Converter-module-/202251006849?hash=item2f17197381

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10X-LM2596-DC-DC-buck-adjustable-step-down-Power-Supply-Converter-module-/202251006849

or is there some thing else cheap in the uk to do the same job
thanks

If you are fitting two identical lights just wire them in series. 2x12=24
Would need to knowthe wattage of the lights to suggest anything else.
I ould not recommend fitting them across one battery as to will flatten that one first causing an imbalance. Acceptable (just) for a vechile with an engine buy not a mobility scooter. If you use two pole switch you could connect on light to one battery and one to the other but that is just a variation on wiring in series.

Robert G8RPi.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If you wire them in series, and one bulb blows, both go out. But if one shorts, it will blow the other.
There are lots of these scooters with lights, what do they have? If you have a scooter repairer near you, they may be amenable to a chat.

If you have a scooter repairer near you, they may be amenable to a chat.

we are the scooter repairers near me but this is a quingo they are a nightmare to get spares for
both going at once wont be a problem as these are just side lights there is also a main headlight in the middle.

Last edited:
we are the scooter repairers near me but this is a quingo they are a nightmare to get spares for
both going at once wont be a problem as these are just side lights there is also a main headlight in the middle.

I guess then that other scooters use 12v lamps.
When I first started in the motor trade, we stocked 24v bulbs as some trucks used these. Later trucks just use 12v, presumably taking from one battery, only using the 24v for starting. A quick Google search finds some 24v bulbs, but not looked in detail. Could you use your new lamps with 24v bulbs in them?

Back