Tuning 215/45/16 instead of 195/45/16, Am I mad !

Currently reading:
Tuning 215/45/16 instead of 195/45/16, Am I mad !

I am running 305/30/19 on the rear of my car.

And I am not joking.

The actual model of tyre choice is very very good, those AD08's will be very sticky indeed. Even if you stick with 195's there will be an amazing difference on these tyres. If you go for the 215 size you will for sure experience a very floaty feel to the steering at speed as the stsndard rims will 'squirm' around too much on the wider tyre. You will also increase weight and rolling resistance which will make the car feel less agile.
Please consider changing your order for 195's. You'll thanks us all for it later, I promise.
Cheers,
Ian.

definitely. Premium contact 2's are a touring tyre, any performance tyre will be much better.

Then how is this relevant? People run 520/85R42 158 A8 R1s on their John Deere tractors.

Sorry It was just a bit of light hearted fun...do they not have they where you are from?...
I will always send you a mail before I post anything just incase it is not relevant to the topic.

Sorry It was just a bit of light hearted fun...do they not have they where you are from?...
I will always send you a mail before I post anything just incase it is not relevant to the topic.

Uh, sorry, RUI, maybe I’m a bit on the literally thinking side, so just let’s say I didn’t get it. :)

Great tyre choice ruined by the sizing unless you like more roll

Personally AD08s are wasted on a 500

Back