Technical 2017 ducato engine management light

Currently reading:
Technical 2017 ducato engine management light

busdennis

After a recent trip my engine management light had come on but the van drives without fault. Tha OBD2 reader shows the fault is O2 signal sensor circuit shorted to heater circuit bank 1.
Where is the senser please. Is it visible from the top of the engine bay towards the left below the brake child reservoir. Thankyou

The device you can see, i think is the yellow one in the photo. I can see 2 others (green). Now in MES we have 2 oxygen sensors and 3 temperature sensors. Having followed the cable from the yellow sensor to the connector cluster next to Dymax box it is electricaly probe able from the 5 way connector.
engine5A.jpg
engine5.jpg

The beauty of using multiecuscan is you can look at real live data and work out what is real and implausable/ ficticious, ie dead sensor or incorrect feed voltages.
Remember you can record data, save as csv file and post it here for advice.
Too complicated for me buddy, techno pho. Not too bad with spanner’s but need granddaughter to operate the telly. Still haven’t worked out how to post pictures on this site

Get the thread going again

My OBD2 scanner cancelled the code which worked for around 50 miles or so but the engine management light is again shining bright.

Can anybody recommend a quality replacement has the prices range from a few quid for an eBay special to bigbucks from Fiat lol

The only 2 diy tools capable of read Fiat properly are Multiecuscan and Alfaobd otherwise you really are in the £300 plus region.
along with the the guide from Multiecuscan.net there a number of guides on this forum. If you have specific needs then ask. The beauty of Multiecuscan is the simulate mode you can practic stuff without being any near the van

Update for the EML is that the front O2 sensor was replaced and light switched with the code erased. Today on the first long drive the engine management came back on with a different code, heater bank 2 instead of heater bank 1. I assume this is the rear sensor now, would these normally be replaced in pairs?

Hi,
Don't rely on that code reader giving a correct description for codes where the first number after the P is not a 0.

For instance p2248 may mean different things for different manufacturers.

You would need the FIAT meaning of p2248

the only codes i have in that region
Fiat 2​
P2231​
Lambda sensor heater coupling detection​
Ducato​
P2231​
Lambda Sensor Resistance​
Ducato​
P2243​
Lambda Sensor Electrical Diagnosis​

Codes are only ever an indication of where to look and not a definitive this will solve your problem. as previously stated codes 2xxx are manufacture controlled and Fords interpretation will be different to FIATs. so cheap generic code readers are unlikely to be as accurate as dealer scan tools or Multiecuscan.

Back