Technical 2015 500 1.2 - ESC & Hill Hold warnings & no power steering

Currently reading:
Technical 2015 500 1.2 - ESC & Hill Hold warnings & no power steering

Hi there @AC43

I am experiencing ESC and Hill Holder issues as well at the moment and most likely will be looking at steering column replacement as whilst I still have full power steering, the car is throwing up torque sensor codes when connected to OBD scanners.

A couple of questions please if I may:

What did you pay in total for the new column and the labour?

Who did you get the new column from?

Where abouts in the UK are you?

Thanks so much,
George

Hi fella,

I'm in London. The "plug and play" unit cost £400, the labour £300. Both prices ex-VAT. The unit has a 12 month guarantee.

I didn't see torque sensor codes - I got "D702 CAN communication with eletrical power steering. Error Message Faulty Error present. Suspect control unit faulty".

The reason that I ended up with a plug and play and not an exchange unit is this my car (Aug 2015 build, early facelift) had a unit that baffled the first supplier who tried to refurb it; they couldn't get through the firmware/software/whatever.

Once the first one had sent it back, my garage made sure to quote the part number/chassis number when asking the other suppliers. The second one said "no" the third one "probably not but but we can supply a plug and play".

Happily, the new one plays nicely with all the other ECU's in the car and works just fine.

Happy to have the car back doing all the short runs and saving my other car from all that stuff.

Last edited:
Back