IMG_3051.JPG

Panda 2012+ 2013 Panda 4X4 TwinAir

Nice picture of the white Panda! identical to mine, ive had it for 11 months and done 13000 miles so far, its nice to see you've got the Panda Paw badges on the pillar, did it come with them or have you bought them since? i bought mine for £17 from a guy on e-bay but never found out what they cost from a dealer,

If you mean my car, thanks :) If you mean beesons, then still thanks as they all look the same. Although on saying that, I've changed some bits on mine now. Painted the roof and mirror caps.
You must have one of the 1st dealer demo cars if yours is 11 months old?
The badges were an accessory. From the dealer they are around £30 from what I remember.

Last edited:
Painted it? what colour?
i was thinking of having the roof done in zebra stripes, they do a vinyl kit for a kia, i thought it might look cool (the wife dose'nt)
it was one of the first, it was delivered to doncaster on a low loader on the thursday night and i picked it up on the saturday morning, it never got to be a demo car, i wanted a diesel but after driving one 3 months later i'm glad i bought the twin air,(even thought she only does 42mpg)

i was on a mission to get it stuck in the snow last christmas and new year and i threw it into quite deep drifts but she pulled out of them with ease, we even had a good laugh passing a nissan squshy trying to get up a snow covered hill (to no avail,) we passed her with ease! only then did the owner realise that a 2 wheel drive version of a 4 wheel drive car was a bad option.

Fitted my tow bar last weekend.

I bought the Thule removable one along with the Westfalia wiring kit.
I would have gone for the Westfalia bar too, but the price was £75 more and there was less of a bumper cut with the Thule, although both bars require an "invisible" cut.

Chose the Westfalia wiring (13 pin) over the Thule as the Thule requires splicing into the wiring at 2 points in the rear. Not a fan of doing that, although the westfalia requires running a wire through the dash into the engine bay to the battery which is potentially a ball ache in itself.
The rest of the wiring is plug and play.

Cutting a 39mm hole into the boot wasn't the most comfortable thing I've ever done. The Thule only needs a 25mm, but a holes a hole :yum:

here's the result in pictures. :)

This is the drill you use to get a 39mm hole. If anyone wants to undertake this themselves then I can lend you this bit if you like.

Put some good Zaino work into our new Antarctica this weekend....
fantastic 'show car shine' as always.

Here's a tempter for you to be going on with, close up of the roof / antenna...

So damn good it's hard to tell it's even black!

(y)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I fitted some roof bars today.

They are called Thule wingbar edge

image488.jpg

image487.jpg

They are supposed to be quiet because of the shape of an airplane wing.
I've not tried them yet.

I think they may be a little lower than the Fiat ones and the bar shape is different

image486.jpg
Er, is that a Zap Kat on the drive behind the car in one of those images? If so is it yours?

If the answer to the second question is "yes" please check yourself in at your local long term institution for the criminally insane :)

Er, is that a Zap Kat on the drive behind the car in one of those images? If so is it yours?

If the answer to the second question is "yes" please check yourself in at your local long term institution for the criminally insane :)

HAHA, yes to the 1st, well almost. It's a Ceasar Thundercat. Same design class as the Zapcat, but in the UK they race in a different series. You can have full engine mods, and run whatever prop you like, plus no prop guards.

The zapcats are nigh on standard motors and use prop guards. They are quite a bit slower than the fully modded thundercats.

That one in the pic was a work one that I didn't own. It was a beast of a boat and spat me out on a few occasions! Mostly because there was no steering damper fitted to it and it had a fully modded very fast motor.

I own a standard motor thundercat which we just use mostly for playing on.
They are awesome fun. If you ever find yourself in Cardiff, look me up and I'll take you for a spin :)

In the meantime, have a look at this video of the Beast boat claiming another victim! I was following in the second boat recording.

[ame]http://youtu.be/iktLG_B_M4w[/ame]

Back