IMG_3051.JPG

Panda 2012+ 2013 Panda 4X4 TwinAir

Due to take delivery of my 4 x 4 this afternoon.....I have been invoiced for the fitting of a tow bar and mudflaps....which according to some posts on this forum are made out of Unobtainium ...so it is going to interesting to see what has happened. Will let you know in due course.
Regards

Have just got back from collecting my new 4 x 4 .
it was beautifully clean and well presented.
Dealer had fitted a Thule tow bar and four mudflaps, not OE but perfectly acceptable plain black after market items.
Pouring down here in W Wales ....will post some pics in the next couple of days.
Regards

Have just got back from collecting my new 4 x 4 .
it was beautifully clean and well presented.
Dealer had fitted a Thule tow bar and four mudflaps, not OE but perfectly acceptable plain black after market items.
Pouring down here in W Wales ....will post some pics in the next couple of days.
Regards
Great, bet you please to get it at last!
Quick question - is the tow bar fixed or detachable? What did they charge you for it?
Also, which make of mudflaps did they find for you that are suitable?
Many thanks :)

Great, bet you please to get it at last!
Quick question - is the tow bar fixed or detachable? What did they charge you for it?
Also, which make of mudflaps did they find for you that are suitable?
Many thanks :)

I was only thinking of westfalia when it came to towbars. They still list the 4x4 as under development.
westfalia towbars

I never considered thule. I have a feeling that they are actually made by Brink
They do list both fixed swan neck and detachable towbars for the 2012 on panda 4x4. You have to go through the wizard
http://www.thuletowbars.com/

They detachable tow ball looks the same as I have on my VW (brink towbar) I am glad to see that the wiring kit from thule does not require routing to the battery, but dismayed to see that you have to cut some wires to the rear lamps.

The westfalia doesn't need cutting of the rear wires but you need need to remove the scuttle panel (I think that's what it's called) below the front wipers to run a wires to the battery.

Neither option is ideal, a hybrid of the 2 would be great though.

Still, if you're letting the dealer fit, it won't matter.

Good to see that you can at last get a towbar.

Last edited:
I was only thinking of westfalia when it came to towbars. They still list the 4x4 as under development.
westfalia towbars

I never considered thule. I have a feeling that they are actually made by Brink
They do list both fixed swan neck and detachable towbars for the 2012 on panda 4x4. You have to go through the wizard
http://www.thuletowbars.com/

They detachable tow ball looks the same as I have on my VW (brink towbar) I am glad to see that the wiring kit from thule does not require routing to the battery, but dismayed to see that you have to cut some wires to the rear lamps.

The westfalia doesn't need cutting of the rear wires but you need need to remove the scuttle panel (I think that's what it's called) below the front wipers to run a wires to the battery.

Neither option is ideal, a hybrid of the 2 would be great though.

Still, if you're letting the dealer fit, it won't matter.

Good to see that you can at last get a towbar.
Great, thanks - have contacted both. Fingers crossed.......... :)

No brand names on mudflaps.......Thule swan neck attached to chassis mounted part of bar by two large lateral bolts.
Difficult to put exact price in bar as it was part of deal including fitting with electrics plus flaps inc fitting plus fitted mats plus moulded boot liner plus space saver spare ...all for £400.
Regards

No brand names on mudflaps.......Thule swan neck attached to chassis mounted part of bar by two large lateral bolts.
Difficult to put exact price in bar as it was part of deal including fitting with electrics plus flaps inc fitting plus fitted mats plus moulded boot liner plus space saver spare ...all for £400.
Regards

That all seems a great price.
The mats and boot mat are around £100.
The spare wheel is £50 as a factory option and a lot more as an after sales thing unless they robbed it from a demo car.

Whichever way, less than £300 for the towbar. That's very good.
Can you take some pics so we can see please? :)

I looked at the same Banksy sticker until I finally settled on the angry Panda. I put it in the same place the 500 Abarth has the scorpion and along with the red mirror covers I think it looks a bit more sporty now.

Also did some experimenting with fluoro yellow a few months ago but the neighbours thought it was a bit bright :D

Attachments

• IMG_20131004_203957.jpg
    IMG_20131004_203957.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC_0856.JPG
    DSC_0856.JPG
    346.8 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC_0844.JPG
    DSC_0844.JPG
    418.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
hi nice panda can you help me out with the part numbers for the roof bar set as in the thule cat it only lists panda with flush roof rails cheers chris.

hi nice panda can you help me out with the part numbers for the roof bar set as in the thule cat it only lists panda with flush roof rails cheers chris.

The ones I have are for the flush roof rails.

The bar set is 9594 (one bar is longer the the other, and fitting kit 4026.

Both parts are needed to fit, and they only go on if you have the plastic tailgate to windscreen bars already fitted.

Nice picture of the white Panda! identical to mine, ive had it for 11 months and done 13000 miles so far, its nice to see you've got the Panda Paw badges on the pillar, did it come with them or have you bought them since? i bought mine for £17 from a guy on e-bay but never found out what they cost from a dealer,

Back