IMG_3051.JPG

Panda 2012+ 2013 Panda 4X4 TwinAir

Hi. Would be interested to hear about the mud flaps as my dealer doesn't think there are any yet!
Also is your towbar fixed or detachable? What are they charging? Thanks :)

After 6 weeks or so of ***swear filter removes another word for cat*** footing around, I decided to give my car a good old thrashing on the way to work this morning.

This car is so much fun. They have a fair turn of pace. Overtaking is quite effortless.

Economy was 41mpg instead of the now usual 50 over this route.

Loving this car so much, I really don't like driving our VW any more.
Fiat every time if there's a choice.

Last edited:
Fixed tow bar is being supplied and fitted by dealer for £350...I understand the mudflaps are custom modified originally intended for Punto ...four flaps and over carpets for £100.
Regards
Gerry

Latest update...phone call today from dealer confirms our 4 x 4 has been built (ordered on 6 . 5. 13) and he expects that I will be able to take delivery in about 4 weeks !
Just about to go for our annual weeks stay on St.Agnes in the Scilly Isles where there are no roads or cars !
Regards

Fitted my summer wheels at last.
Been waiting for Costco summer discount to come and today it started.

These wheels are lovely!!

image659.jpg

Are those the new alloys you bought ? They look identical to the factory ones.

Be interested to hear what you thing it's like on summer tires.

Nothing to do with this post but I've done over 1000 miles now (a contrast to a few months before getting the panda when I was doing that in nearly a week) and at 950 miles the engine did seem to come alive. Just pulling and revving from under 2000rpm and delivering the power more constantly. I don't think this is me wanting to feel a difference, I was actually thinking oh, the engine seems very good to day, looked at the mileage and it was on 950miles (give or take 5 miles). I do hope it still gets better as you seem to report deeyup.

The alloys are the same pattern as the standard wheels, but they are darker coloured and have polished spokes and rims. I'll take a comparison pic tomorrow.

The twin airs do get better with a few miles on. I think it's an awesome motor.

Good news from the garage - my car is ready to be collected so I'm picking it up Thursday afternoon :D

Are those the new alloys you bought ? They look identical to the factory ones.

Be interested to hear what you thing it's like on summer tires.

The differences in the wheels are the standard wheels are gloss finish grey all over, and the accessory wheels are a satin darker grey with a diamond turned spokes and rim

As for the tyres, I'm finding the car wanders slightly less on the motorway, and I think that the ride is a little more comfortable.
Economy is better by around 5% according to daily trip mpg's.

I've slipped of late doing proper Fuelly records as I've been filling my car from containers on the drive with petrol bought with the tesco 10p off a litre vouchers.

Not been in any extreme braking incidents so can't comment on that.

The differences in the wheels are the standard wheels are gloss finish grey all over, and the accessory wheels are a satin darker grey with a diamond turned spokes and rim

As for the tyres, I'm finding the car wanders slightly less on the motorway, and I think that the ride is a little more comfortable.
Economy is better by around 5% according to daily trip mpg's.

I've slipped of late doing proper Fuelly records as I've been filling my car from containers on the drive with petrol bought with the tesco 10p off a litre vouchers.

Not been in any extreme braking incidents so can't comment on that.

I think they look better than the factory ones. More like my A500 had.

I noticed on the motorway on Saturday in the wind it does move around a lot but I expected it.

I think when we had hot weather last week the handling on my usual country roads was drifting slightly more than usual.

Back