Technical 2013 Ducato 2.3 Smoke from bonnet with regen

Currently reading:
Technical 2013 Ducato 2.3 Smoke from bonnet with regen

mattprince

Hi , When my van tries to do a regen, i get tons of smoke from the bonnet also. Googled this to hell and seems it could be lots ot things. Ive actually just had my wife revving the van as im looking in the engine bay and when i look over the engine and down, where the manifold and turbo etc is, i can see smoke from the exhaust piece that is low down off the manifold and i presume connects to the flexible exhaust part. Ive googled and it seems this is the pre cat? To backtrack , ive had this issue since i bought it and had lots of codes pop up at different times. I know mer EGR is stuck open as paid an auto electrician to look at it and he said it was definitely stuck wide open. The exhaust piece (precat?), moves quite a bit when the engine is revved and does sound like its blowing from there. I cant find a new replacement ANYWHERE and cant see the point in buying a used one. Could it just be blowing where this precat meets the flexi and needs tightening? Also a few days ago my van tried to do a regen literally once id started from cold and a warning popped up. i put in the OBD reader and it said exhaust temperature sensor. I bought a new one and i cant even see where this is on the exhaust, ive looked underneath , in the engine bay, looked online and cant see where this would connect?

Cheers

Matt

Use the forum eper to identify the part and the part number then Google the part number

Post a photo of the part you want
This is where the smoke is coming from. Not sure if it’s cracked or just needs tightening. Also can’t see where the temperature sensor goes as I have a new one.

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    679.7 KB · Views: 15
I am not saying buy that ..... just that it looks like the catalytic converter to me.

Yours is cracked and so carbon monoxide is escaping.

Get it fixed asap

Put your vehicle details in there to find correct part

I am not saying buy that ..... just that it looks like the catalytic converter to me.

Yours is cracked and so carbon monoxide is escaping.

Get it fixed asap
Yeah that looks like it. Any idea where the exhaust temperature sensor is on the 2.3 euro 5? I get an one code every so often saying that’s the issue but can’t find it anywhere

Yeah that looks like it. Any idea where the exhaust temperature sensor is on the 2.3 euro 5? I get an one code every so often saying that’s the issue but can’t find it anywhere

Get it up in the air , go under , look
At whole system especially around dpf

Back