Technical 2011 Ducato service and timing belt

Currently reading:
Technical 2011 Ducato service and timing belt

Hello, I have just acquired a 2011 Fiat Ducato - Al-Ko chassis. (Dethleffs motorhome) 2.3 multijet. 130 hp.

A few questions if I may:

1. Oil, air and fuel filters - anything else? Optimum oil to use and how often to change?

2. Timing belt was done in 2019 apparently, due for another one - or adjustment? How often for changing, every 70,000 km's or 5 years?

3 Van seems to get good consumption, about 900 km's on a 90 litre tank of diesel. Should I get more? Am wondering what I can do to make it run leaner for optimum economy - computer tune?

4. These vans do not come with a spare tyre (ridiculous!) and a rim/tyre is very hard to find new or used, any suggestions?

5. Van runs well but a tad gutless, 150 or 180 would be preferable for my next one. Suggestions for best combination of power and economy for a 3500 kg?

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
...as your vehicle has an Al-Ko chassis, the usual thing that gets overlooked at service time is greasing of the axle. (assuming yours has grease nipples, most do but not all).

This should be done annually, nominally with both rear wheels off the ground, but Al-Ko have confirmed it can be done in two steps, with the appropriate wheel only off the ground. (Don't use the handbrake to secure the vehicle whilst jacking the rear wheel - leave in gear and chock the remaining rear wheel left on the ground.

Needs maybe 6 strokes of a manual grease gun, with the specified grease (The specified ones can be hard to find. In the UK, Shell Gadus S3 V220C seems to be the easiest, but a good quality, high temperature lithium based grease should be OK) .

alko.JPG

Back